JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow.

I know websites have their ups and downs, speedwise, but it's at the point now, that this site is so slow, I find myself surfing elsewhere, as I get tired of waiting. I'm sure someone will say theirs is lightening fast, and I'm all wet, but I'm experiencing this on all the computers I use, while the other sites I frequent are working as normal.

Just sharing...

WAYNO.

I was just about to make a post regarding the speed of the website. I agree 100%, the speed of NWFA is downright unacceptable. Last night I was up until 3am making major changes to the back end of the site and the way it works in an attempt to increase the efficiency of the site before we switch servers, which we're going to have to do very soon.

I'd like to know, do any of you guys notice a difference between today and before (yesterday, this month, last month, etc.)?

Yes I do. I think it was 2 days ago that I basically couldn't get in to anything on the site, it would just sit there like it was loading for half an hour. I eventually just gave up and got off. Yesterday I could get in to stuff but it was super slow. Today it seems to be going like normal but I do notice that if I run my cursor over the subjects posted on the main page, it used to finish the sentence but today for some reason it doesn't show anything. If that makes sense in my lack of computer talk... It's been off and on slow for the last week or two I'd say.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I figure that it's all part of a great website growing. You start the site, let it grow, till it needs a new server to handle the requests from 1000's of people accessing it.

Curious, do you run your own server or is this a remote server?

Luckily I think we're making progress. What we've done so far this morning in the past 30 minutes has made it much quicker for me.

Dyjital, it's a fully managed remote server.

At 11:45 it was pretty fast! At 12:30 it is unbearably slow, almost to Windows XP/IE8 timeout. I'm just gonna give up for today, but I thank you all for working on the problem.........................elsullo :(

I'm sorry to hear you've given up for now elsullo, I'm hoping the changes I'm making right now are going to help considerably. Keep updating this thread guys, every hour or so would be great :)

The forum has been sluggish recently. I figured out how to help. I just donated to the forum. This is a great place to visit and to help it improve we all need to do our part.

Thanks all for this wonderful community

Will

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top