JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Current PSA LPK's Are

• Good

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rather than getting mad at PSA for selling guns at a price price people are buying them as fast as they can make them, be glad that prices follow supply and demand. I remember 2 years ago prices for gun stuff was in the dirt. Can't have the ups without the downs.

Agree. I like PSA....they are the working man's supplier.

I've purchased 3 or so of their LPK. The first was ok. The second came with a well oversized pivot pin. The third was missing a spring or a detent which I didn't even bother reporting as shipping lead times etc just made it obtrusive to bother with. Mixed bag for me

I personally believe PSA is the single greatest under-appreciated AR company - one thing is for sure, if the parts don't work out, they'll quickly and happily replace them.

Actually if the parts don't work out they will drag their feet in shipping you out new ones.
Just purchased an 8.5 kit and the front takedown pin is a hair too wide and it will not fit in my Anderson lower or the psa upper and they overclocked my birdcage so I requested a new crush washer and new front takedown pin over 2 weeks ago and still no word or parts.

Granted that's just my experience right now

Actually if the parts don't work out they will drag their feet in shipping you out new ones.
Just purchased an 8.5 kit and the front takedown pin is a hair too wide and it will not fit in my Anderson lower or the psa upper and they overclocked my birdcage so I requested a new crush washer and new front takedown pin over 2 weeks ago and still no word or parts.

When I returned a PA-10 BCG that had missing finish they took over 2 weeks and told me they misplaced my order. If I had not called them they probably wouldn't have ever shipped it. Up until only about a year or two ago they wouldn't answer emails. PSA is famous for their bad quality control and poor customer service.

When I returned a PA-10 BCG that had missing finish they took over 2 weeks and told me they misplaced my order. If I had not called them they probably wouldn't have ever shipped it. Up until only about a year or two ago they wouldn't answer emails. PSA is famous for their bad quality control and poor customer service.

I had one ammo purchase that fell through the cracks. I called and they apologized and sent it the next day and I received it a few days later. That was about 3 years ago. That's the only hitch I've ever had.

They currently aren't taking calls due to being overwhelmed by orders and direct you to their web based contact. When I ordered the lower kit I had forgotten about some vacation time where I would be out of town so tried to get an estimate. I got a canned email apology for how long it was taking and it shipped the next day. Good thing they shipped UPS since I was able to schedule delivery for the day after I get back.

Normally I'd buy my parts kit through Curt's, my LGS, but given the pricing of the PSA kit, the LPK is essentially free. Might just have them put a kit together for me anyway and use one of them for spares.

Have you checked out ammo at PSA? Prices up 40% My local gun store has not raised prices. They just put up a sign that says "take all you want, don't be a dick" So far nobody has taken more than 4 boxes of any caliber. Why did he do that? Anyone wonder why? also brownells, midway and several others have not changed ammo prices. Those are the places I will buy from in the future. I was a huge PSA fan for years folks. I e spent over $6000 there in the last few years.

I can take the $200 complete lowers they sold for $139 the last 6 years. That didn't do it.. it was the ammo prices.

I don't need any ammo at all. I don't really need anything right now. Just buying Glock mags, occasional lower. At my LGS for $89 "aero".

Yes any vendor can charge what they want. I'm just upset my favorite vendor isn't anymore.
I bet you weren't upset to purchase the ammo at prices that were abnormally suppressed due to the "perfect storm" of over supply and decreased demand though.

I guess it's ok if the vendor is taking a loss or just barely breaking even, not to mention trying to make a profit.

I think you are confusing "ambivalence" with "extreme busyness," consider that the amount of gun buying right now is more "busy" than ever before and since they have only a certain amount of staff, it will take some time to get through all the messages. Even beyond that, if I was a business owner I would want my employees to take a little time to vet customer service claims because I have personally seen a lot of people claim something is wrong with their gun/parts when really they just have no clue what they are talking about and quickly rush to blame the seller.

Claiming they have crappy customer service when you are trying to talk to them during what is effectively "gun buying chaos" is a pretty lame claim. I've had great service, multiple times from them over a period from 2010-2019, but I also don't expect a phone call or email response RIGHT away, because for me, customer service for gun related things isn't about speed, it's about getting it done right.

I think you are confusing "ambivalence" with "extreme busyness," consider that the amount of gun buying right now is more "busy" than ever before and since they have only a certain amount of staff, it will take some time to get through all the messages. Even beyond that, if I was a business owner I would want my employees to take a little time to vet customer service claims because I have personally seen a lot of people claim something is wrong with their gun/parts when really they just have no clue what they are talking about and quickly rush to blame the seller.

Claiming they have crappy customer service when you are trying to talk to them during what is effectively "gun buying chaos" is a pretty lame claim. I've had great service, multiple times from them over a period from 2010-2019, but I also don't expect a phone call or email response RIGHT away, because for me, customer service for gun related things isn't about speed, it's about getting it done right.
[/QUOTE]

That's a great point and that being said I would prefer to wait a few days longer to receive my kit and have had them get it right the first time and if you were a business owner and already had numerous claims of pivot pins being out of spec wouldn't you be proactive and deal with the issue before it leaves the warehouse ? If a company can sell the product during the "gun buying chaos" then they can address the customer service as well.
The op was asking about the recent quality of psa parts so we can go back and forth all you want but I gave my recent experience for what it was.

That's a great point and that being said I would prefer to wait a few days longer to receive my kit and have had them get it right the first time and if you were a business owner and already had numerous claims of pivot pins being out of spec wouldn't you be proactive and deal with the issue before it leaves the warehouse ? If a company can sell the product during the "gun buying chaos" then they can address the customer service as well.
The op was asking about the recent quality of psa parts so we can go back and forth all you want but I gave my recent experience for what it was.
[/QUOTE]

Your experience is valid with recent parts, I wanted to frame it in context with the bigger situation. Some of my lower take down pins are a lot tighter fit than others to the point I can't just use my fingers to take the upper off the lower, a pushing instrument is mandatory. No company is perfect and especially since individual employees can make or break customer service experience, but I have dealt with PSA quite a bit and the service has so far fixed several things without much hassle. Others might have not been so lucky as me.

I bought a bunch of PSA. 1 rifle, 3 uppers, 2 assembled lowers, various parts kits.
Mixed bag, and I certainly do not trust their assembly.
I usually look elsewhere. The last few sets of lower parts I purchased were from Curts.

I bought a bunch of PSA. 1 rifle, 3 uppers, 2 assembled lowers, various parts kits.
Mixed bag, and I certainly do not trust their assembly.
I usually look elsewhere. The last few sets of lower parts I purchased were from Curts.
Curts is good people.

Does anybody have recent experience with PSA lower parts kits? PSA had iffy QC years ago, but has in general improved quality during their partnership with FN on their part of the M4 contract.

I bought a PSA 10.5" upper a few weeks ago and am pretty impressed with the parts and quality - even had a CMV barrel on this bargain priced unit. Now I'm building a pistol lower on a spare lower and bought a kit from them since it came with the SBA3 brace and the MagPul grip and price was a real bargain.

I was wondering if anyone has had positive or negative experience with one of their recent LPK's. Thanks in advance.

I believe it was last year that I wrote an email to PSA regarding their crappy LPK's. I had to file both of the takedown pins because there was a sharp edge on both sides of the routed trough. I also had to reform two of the roll pins because they were flared on the ends and would not start...:eek::eek::eek:

I can't remember who I got a nice LPK from recently but it had a nice fit and finish on all parts plus I ordered it without a trigger guard or grip, a nice feature because I go with you enclosed triggers and upgraded grips.;)

Good luck to ya brother.;)

Last Edited:
I believe it was last year that I wrote an email to PSA regarding their crappy LPK's. I had to file both of the takedown pins because there was a sharp edge on both sides of the routed portion. I also had to reform two of the roll pins because they were flared on the ends and would not fit...:eek::eek::eek:

I can't remember who I got a nice LPK from recently but it had a nice fit and finish on all parts plus I ordered it without a trigger guard or grip, a nice feature because I go with you enclosed triggers and upgraded grips.;)

Thanks - I'll be checking that out. High volume times = low QC by discounters.

I just bought a PSA barreled upper for an AR pistol and I've been happy with it. CHF FN barrel. Granted everything else (LPK, BCG, buffer kit) was all Aero. Shoots well and lined up nicely with my aero precision lower. I think I'm gonna get one of their 300 BO kits soon so Ill let you know how that one goes. I honestly think they catch crap from the AR elitists who think any AR less than $2k is trash.

Do you also get mad at grocery stores who might sell some products for low prices some months, and then other months charge a lot more for the same product?

Im not mad. Anger is an emotion for weak minds.

If the markup was marginal and reasonable I would be just fine with it. It's not like Im dumb enough to buy in a sellers market. Lol.

Last Edited:
Besides, it's not like CTD cancelling pending orders on 30-rnd magazines and then relisting them for $200..... each. :rolleyes:

Just remember.... that $200 increase on PSA 9mm AKV is going towards "affordable housing" surcharges (aka taxes) and "gross receipt" business taxes, regardless of operating expense deductions.... o_O
This is what Midway did to me during the shortage a few years ago. I had a 5000 rnd case of CCI 22lr on order right before the panic. Ah, 10 months of "your order is delayed"' and at the 11th month cancelled my order. Have not and never will deal with Midway again.

I believe it was last year that I wrote an email to PSA regarding their crappy LPK's. I had to file both of the takedown pins because there was a sharp edge on both sides of the routed trough. I also had to reform two of the roll pins because they were flared on the ends and would not start...:eek::eek::eek:

Bummer. I've order at least a half dozen LPK from them, nothing fancy but worked perfectly. Maybe a QC issue, but my personal experience is low cost, fast shipping, and good products.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews