JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Current PSA LPK's Are

• Good

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Does anybody have recent experience with PSA lower parts kits? PSA had iffy QC years ago, but has in general improved quality during their partnership with FN on their part of the M4 contract.

I bought a PSA 10.5" upper a few weeks ago and am pretty impressed with the parts and quality - even had a CMV barrel on this bargain priced unit. Now I'm building a pistol lower on a spare lower and bought a kit from them since it came with the SBA3 brace and the MagPul grip and price was a real bargain.

I was wondering if anyone has had positive or negative experience with one of their recent LPK's. Thanks in advance.

Does anybody have recent experience with PSA lower parts kits? PSA had iffy QC years ago, but has in general improved quality during their partnership with FN on their part of the M4 contract.

I bought a PSA 10.5" upper a few weeks ago and am pretty impressed with the parts and quality - even had a CMV barrel on this bargain priced unit. Now I'm building a pistol lower on a spare lower and bought a kit from them since it came with the SBA3 brace and the MagPul grip and price was a real bargain.

I was wondering if anyone has had positive or negative experience with one of their recent LPK's. Thanks in advance.

I personally believe PSA is the single greatest under-appreciated AR company - one thing is for sure, if the parts don't work out, they'll quickly and happily replace them.

I have had good luck in the past and recently. Past only going back to 2013 or so. PSA has not so slowly been raising prices.

When they can't make them faster than people are buying them, why wouldn't they.

I've seen their AKV 9mm go from $700 to $900 over the past year and people haven't stopped buying them.

Because the market will correct and the "core" buyers will remember. That's why.

Seems like a whiny attitude to me. Their production rate is relatively fixed unless they hire more, which in the long run could be costly since employing others is so expensive. Demand is sky high, escalating price until buying slows down and then lowering price to allow it to pick back up is a completely reasonable business method.

Rather than getting mad at PSA for selling guns at a price price people are buying them as fast as they can make them, be glad that prices follow supply and demand. I remember 2 years ago prices for gun stuff was in the dirt. Can't have the ups without the downs.

Seems like a whiny attitude to me. Their production rate is relatively fixed unless they hire more, which in the long run could be costly since employing others is so expensive. Demand is sky high, escalating price until buying slows down and then lowering price to allow it to pick back up is a completely reasonable business method.

Rather than getting mad at PSA for selling guns at a price price people are buying them as fast as they can make them, be glad that prices follow supply and demand. I remember 2 years ago prices for gun stuff was in the dirt. Can't have the ups without the downs.

Besides, it's not like CTD cancelling pending orders on 30-rnd magazines and then relisting them for $200..... each. :rolleyes:

Just remember.... that $200 increase on PSA 9mm AKV is going towards "affordable housing" surcharges (aka taxes) and "gross receipt" business taxes, regardless of operating expense deductions.... o_O

Daily deals are your friend and they run specials on things that people want. If you are patient what you want will pop up. I almost never pay attention to their standard pricing (now and then) because I am a patient man.

The upper and built out lower is going to cost me just over $600 including the Aero Precision lower I bought on sale pre-panic. That doesn't factor in rear sight or flash hider when I eventially swap out the bird cage. Pretty close to pre-panic pricing and bottom line it's what I was willing to pay.

That upper, btw, is a long, long ways from the old budget Freedom series at not much more cost, mainly due to the better barrel.

Where did you find a parts kit in stock? I'm playing with a pretty standard build and EVERYTHING is out of stock. Flipping panic buyers....:confused:

The parts kit is part of lower build kit.

Here is one in stock

Several in stock at Midway

If an LPK hadn't been included I would have started with my local gun stores and the NWFA classifieds. Many will put one together for you if you ask.

Besides, it's not like CTD cancelling pending orders on 30-rnd magazines and then relisting them for $200..... each. :rolleyes:

Just remember.... that $200 increase on PSA 9mm AKV is going towards "affordable housing" surcharges (aka taxes) and "gross receipt" business taxes, regardless of operating expense deductions.... o_O

I have not bought anything from CTD since found some MK318 MOD 0 rounds years ago now when I bought my first AR with a 1/9" twist barrel. I was looking for a good HD round at the time. I also bought a few boxes of Black Hills 50gr TSX rounds as well.

Dad is a sole proprietor plumber, has had 1 employee at a time most of his business career. I'm very familiar with the high costs of employing others. A lot of ignorant people think that what a person makes is what they cost their employer - ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Dad is a sole proprietor plumber, has had 1 employee at a time most of his business career. I'm very familiar with the high costs of employing others. A lot of ignorant people think that what a person makes is what they cost their employer - ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Yeah that Workmen's Comp. insurance premium, and payroll tax most people have no idea about.

Have you checked out ammo at PSA? Prices up 40% My local gun store has not raised prices. They just put up a sign that says "take all you want, don't be a dick" So far nobody has taken more than 4 boxes of any caliber. Why did he do that? Anyone wonder why? also brownells, midway and several others have not changed ammo prices. Those are the places I will buy from in the future. I was a huge PSA fan for years folks. I e spent over $6000 there in the last few years.

I can take the $200 complete lowers they sold for $139 the last 6 years. That didn't do it.. it was the ammo prices.

I don't need any ammo at all. I don't really need anything right now. Just buying Glock mags, occasional lower. At my LGS for $89 "aero".

Yes any vendor can charge what they want. I'm just upset my favorite vendor isn't anymore.

Have you checked out ammo at PSA? Prices up 40% My local gun store has not raised prices. They just put up a sign that says "take all you want, don't be a dick" So far nobody has taken more than 4 boxes of any caliber. Why did he do that? Anyone wonder why? also brownells, midway and several others have not changed ammo prices. Those are the places I will buy from in the future. I was a huge PSA fan for years folks. I e spent over $6000 there in the last few years.

I can take the $200 complete lowers they sold for $139 the last 6 years. That didn't do it.. it was the ammo prices.

I don't need any ammo at all. I don't really need anything right now. Just buying Glock mags, occasional lower. At my LGS for $89 "aero".

Yes any vendor can charge what they want. I'm just upset my favorite vendor isn't anymore.

Do you also get mad at grocery stores who might sell some products for low prices some months, and then other months charge a lot more for the same product?

I have yet to hear of real problems with PSA stuff in general. It's budget stuff, but it's budget stuff that works, so I really can't complain. In hindsight, wishing I would have bought more uppers and kits when they were sub $300 shipped not a year ago

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top