JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, my name is peter. i and my wife moved to gresham about two years ago. i'm looking to get back into shooting, and i just started reloading all the brass i've been saving for the last 25 years. i'm looking for someplace to go practice that doesn't cost anything or is reasonable and isn't more than a hr away. right now i go to the english pit in WA, nice place but costs too much to go to every time i want to test a new load. I'm no stranger to work and have lots of motivation to clean up anyplace i can go shoot at.
I've shot firearms all my life but have just recently gotten into ar 15/10 typ of stuff. Add the reloading to that and i got all kinds of questions that i'm sure to ask eventually. i've also been informed by the boss (aka the wife) i have too many guns and now i have to lose one before i can get a new one. so eventually i'll have some stuff to sell.
Anyway probably more info than anyone wants to read, so suffice it to say i'm happy to be here, and hope to get to know the folks here.

Welcome to the forum!

Might want to check out DRRC in Esticada - they have a top notch set of ranges if your looking for a membership club.

Probably a 30 min drive I'm guessing and so much better then the English pit that's it's not even worth comparing them.

Best of Luck;)

Welcome to the forum, a lot of good folk around here.

The only place I've personally been to out here is 36 pit but google says its 42 minutes from Gresham so it might fit the bill if you are looking for a free public place to shoot.
36 Pit has all the info but I would still suggest checking through all the links Rick Benjamin posted as there is quite possibly something closer to you that I'm not aware of .

thanks for the welcome everyone. I checked the links and DRRC sounds great, only about 20 min from me. i've already paid much more than their dues in what i have spent going to clark county gun club, (aka the english pit) and the drive time would be less than half for me. i also think i'll go have a look at 36 pit till i can get my new member orientation in at DRRC. it's about a 10 minute shorter drive than i was doing and free, so thats nice. i'll make my brother come with me and make him pick up trash for the ammo he shoots.

I do if i want to go back to Montana (and my wife says its too cold for her), or down to southern ca but i only go there when the pay is too good to pass up. the long range was one of the things i was wanting to find.

Welcome to the forum :)

Another plug for DRRC. I'm in my 3rd year there, definitely a nice club. Lots of room to shoot, various ranges, and a lot of different disciplines if you're looking for more than just shooting on the line. The initial cost can sting just a bit, but after 3 years, the price drops off to just your basic dues, and it's about the most affordable place of it's quality I've found. Beats trying to find places in the woods away from the crazies, if you ask me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews