JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the tigard gun broker today, they had PMAGS in stock at 39.99, decent selection of handguns. Overheard the clerk telling another customer that the wait time for background checks was now an hour and a half!

Total of two ARs in the place, somewhat high priced.

Overheard the clerk telling another customer that the wait time for background checks was now an hour and a half!

Not true. It depends on the particular day of the week and time of day. A rifle that I had ordered mid December came in last week, I picked it up on a Wednesday 3:00 and the background check took only 10 minutes. I was out the door within 25 minutes of entering the store.

Yes, I'm aware that it's situational. At THAT moment the wait time was an hour and a half, a Friday evening after 4 PM.

Should have been more precise in my wording.

I was at Walmart, yeah I know not a gun shop but hear me out, anyways there was a gal sitting on the floor in front of many, many empty shelves and a few BB's here and there, I looked at her and said what ya doing lowering the prices, she laughed and said your funny, I looked at the stickers and yep a $1.00 or more per box increase in price many even more.

She looked at me, and said I have a question for you, where are my shipments of ammo going, the factories are producing the same or more than before and our shipment sizes and regular deliveries are too a trickle and WalMart has a direct contract with a few of them, so if we are not getting it in, gunshops are not getting it in then where is going????????????

I just looked at her and said good question.......

I remember back in the '94 AWB all of the sudden the standard capacity glock facory mags were listed at gun shows for $125 ea. It sucks but that's the free market. Best bet now it let your reps know you are a gun owner and you vote.

I was at Walmart, yeah I know not a gun shop but hear me out, anyways there was a gal sitting on the floor in front of many, many empty shelves and a few BB's here and there, I looked at her and said what ya doing lowering the prices, she laughed and said your funny, I looked at the stickers and yep a $1.00 or more per box increase in price many even more.

She looked at me, and said I have a question for you, where are my shipments of ammo going, the factories are producing the same or more than before and our shipment sizes and regular deliveries are too a trickle and WalMart has a direct contract with a few of them, so if we are not getting it in, gunshops are not getting it in then where is going????????????

I just looked at her and said good question.......

if our own government buys its own debt to manipulate the currency, it is at all conceivable the nice government men are cornering the ammo market?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top