JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw this in the Shooting Times magazine.

Recall.jpg

I have some 4064, 3 jugs, that I need to check. Thanx for sharing.

BTW, if'n ah use it, will it shoot all over the place cuz it's "Accutate"??? ;):p:)

The number was illegible on a can of 4350 so I doused it anyway. Waiting to her back from them on the status of my claim. Was not going to wait to see if it burned down my building over a can of powder. Going to post this at the gun club as well. Sportsman's has it posted too in Salem at least.

That recall has been out for awhile now. Always good to see it recirculated though as lots of people still don't know about it.

Luckily, I don't use any of the powders listed, but it did cause me to pause and take a look. Always good to check on your supply!

People actually read Shooting Times?

Yes. I liked it more before Petersen Publishing bought them out. But I wait until they come along with a super cheap subscription rate, like a year for a few dollars. Then I sign up.

Magazines are mailed as "periodicals" which used to be called "second class mail." Periodicals rates are very low, granted by Congress in an era where it was thought that the public would be better educated if they read published materials. It was in aid of education. There are different categories of periodicals, and they all require that certain standards be met to qualify for the rates. Mags that offer super cheap subscription rates do so because they are required to have at least 50% plus one paid subscribers. When they must, they offer cheap subscriptions to keep their subscriber list above 50%.

You wonder, "How is it major magazines might fall below 50%? News stand issues don't count, they aren't paid subscriptions and that is a hefty chunk of a press run.

How come Congress keeps up this big postal discount into the electronic era? The newspaper and magazine press, paper and ink manufacturers, etc, etc, all pay lobbyists to preserve this public largesse.

Glad someone posted this, I have three pounds of 4350 that appear to be in the lot of powders. I called them and am waiting on their reply.

People actually read Shooting Times?
Why do you have a problem with that?
Yeah, gubmint has a problem with that -- you're not supposed to think for yourself anymore. With the way things are going, you'll soon be regarded as dangerous because you can read. :eek::rolleyes:

Never been a fan of Accurate because never ever used it. Started with Winchester powders and Alliant and IMR. Never ran out to where I considered Accurate. Seems like a lot of powders to recall, what the hell? Anyone know what happened?

Over here in far-off East Anglia we got a flyer with the notice on it -

"Western Powders is issuing a recall of Accurate 2520 1 lb. bottles with lot number 0913192116. The lot number is stamped on the back of the bottle. This is a limited recall and ONLY applies to this lot number of Accurate 2520.

USE OF THIS POWDER MAY RESULT IN HIGH PRESSURE LOADS AND SUBSEQUENT GUN DAMAGE OR SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY.

If you are in possession of this propellant, please discontinue use immediately and contact Western Powders at 406-234-0422. We will replace your powder and instruct you how to dispose of this powder."

Yeah, right. I guess of anybody here has some they'll send it back to the distributor in UK.

Why is anyone talking about 2520?
Did i miss something. I only saw the 3 powders mentioned at the top in OP.

Scared me with the 2520.. Its about all i got and works decent enough.
Dont knock it.. I got some sub .7" groups with hornady 75gr BTHP match and CCI#400's out of a 18" ar with a rainier CHF barrel. Nothing special.
And add to that im a totally newb reloader. Ive probably only loaded around 500 rnds total between handguns and rifles. So i dont claim to be an expert by any means. But i do have good equipment. (For reloading at least ;)
For comparison the best groups i got are i think .636" with same componentsand H322.

Anyone want to sell me some RL15 or Varget? (Man i wish i could find some popular powders!)

But anyway. It does work. And it works for most any rifle round i need it for.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top