Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recall of Alan Bates (Medford OR)...sb941 sponsor

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by johnbrownraider, May 12, 2015.

1. johnbrownraider

johnbrownraider Beaverton Oregon Member

Hello,

we are tentatively probing the idea of recalling State Sen. Alan Bates, looking to see if there is anyone in Medford or surrounding area who is interested in being a chief petitioner. We won't kick this off several months (probably until after the other recalls finish or close to) but if you know anyone or are in the area please contact me ASAP. Bates won last election by 51% but the democrats have only a marginal edge. Bates was a sponsor of SB941 as well.

Thanks

JBR

Idaho44, Stomper, tiggers97 and 2 others like this.
  2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Did you move down there? I was not sure if you were visiting or moved.

@johnbrownraider has been helping with the Riley recall so he has the experience of our efforts to help with another recall.

johnbrownraider likes this.
  3. johnbrownraider

Yea I moved down here, someone asked me to look into doing a recall of Bates...so I will, but I think i shall hold off until the recalls up in Washington county are finished.

4. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

That might be good. Instead of trying all at once, a constant trickle of recalls thru to next summer :)

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The "heavy hitters" in my district said timing it so the ballots go out in late August-early September would work the best because it's a non-presidential election cycle and a lot of folks will be out of town on vacation (low turn out), provided enough signatures are gathered.

6. prmrins

prmrins New Member

Thank goodness we don't have a target in Douglas County but would love to help. Would you please post if you get this off the ground and need contributions?

7. SOrez

SOrez SOR Active Member

I don't believe there is anyone around White City to recall or I would help.

8. johnbrownraider

once and if we get this thing going there will be a lot of help needed both on site and through a social media campaign

9. prmrins

prmrins New Member

We're all in this together! Let us know what you need

10. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

summer is a bad time for me to spearhead anything outside of work but I can most definitely support and help work on it, I'm in Eagle Point