JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Attention all Northwest Firearms members.
A friend and I are in the beginning preliminary stages of organizing to submit a RECALL petition on Representative Brent Barton, who represents district 40. We are looking to see how many members are willing to meet up over coffee or the like, and discuss the strategy on proceeding with this RECALL.
below is a link which shows the district 40 boundaries.

http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/dc10map/SLD_RefMap/lower/st41_or/sldl41040/DC10SLDL41040_001.pdf

If you are not sure which district you live in please see the link below for detailed .pdf maps of all the Oregon house districts. It would be wise to google which district your home address resides in, and then reference the link below for detailed boundaries.

https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/maps/sldl/st41_or.html

I believe, seeing as SB 941 has been pushed through without regard to what Oregonians think, the logical next step is to organize statewide RECALL efforts on all representatives who voted to pass this bill, and remove those representatives from office.
If your representative voted to take your rights away from you, and your looking to fire your representative, please see the Oregon Recall Manual via the link below.

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/RecallManual.pdf

A recall that is initiated on a representative will paint that representative with an "anti-gun" label during the next election cycle, a recall that is successful in removing that representative from office puts fear in the hearts of those in Salem that don't listen to their constituents, and just might give us a majority in the house.

We know the Democrat majority is planning on pushing many more pieces of legislation through that will further restrict our rights as law abiding Oregonians, limiting the only resources we have to protect ourselves. With our current Governor they are guaranteed success. We must gain the majority, do anything we can to weaken their efforts until the next election cycle when we can follow up with votes.

Please contact your friends and relatives across this state and organize RECALL petitions on representatives that turned their back on the legislative process and sold out their positions of trust, Salem has been BOUGHT, let's get it back.

image.jpg

Last Edited:
Also, anyone interested in the Brent Barton Recall for District 40 please let me know, we are trying to set up an "in person" meeting somewhere around district 40 and talk over strategy, logistics, and detail our planned RECALL. We are looking to meet up sometime later this month, the week of the 18th or later.
We think we can do this, but we need good strong determined people that are fed up with this BS to get involved, meet up, and hash out the details on what works best for us and how we want to proceed.

~ WinterBaer45

WinterBaer and I have already spoken, and I'm interested, but I know it would be helpful to have several more sign on if possible to help give a better chance of success. @bolus, your information would certainly be appreciated!

I think I saw a few others in Barton's district on some other threads that had offered some assistance as well. Let WinterBaer know if you can help!

As for my meeting times, a Saturday morning would be best for me personally.

Awesome news :s0133:

The map provided with the link above was not a great one. I couldn't tell where HD40 was so here is a better map to show the boundaries.

<broken link removed>

I'm not in Barton's district, but I did write to him only to be ignored. I will offer any support I can to his recall.

If you were to look at his official Oregon Legislature page you will see the statement he put up showing his "goals" for his term. Part of that statement is;

"Government should be on the side of the people who work hard and play by the rules. But that is not happening right now – as anyone can attest who looks at Wall Street or the grip that special interests hold on Salem"

Yet he ignores those people who work hard and play by the rules and votes with the special interest group. The man strikes me as a hypocrite and he shouldn't have the job.

I'm not in Barton's district, but I did write to him only to be ignored. I will offer any support I can to his recall.

If you were to look at his official Oregon Legislature page you will see the statement he put up showing his "goals" for his term. Part of that statement is;

"Government should be on the side of the people who work hard and play by the rules. But that is not happening right now – as anyone can attest who looks at Wall Street or the grip that special interests hold on Salem"

Yet he ignores those people who work hard and play by the rules and votes with the special interest group. The man strikes me as a hypocrite and he shouldn't have the job.

You're not the only one to be ignored. I've called, written and even stopped by his office, where they asked for my phone number so he could call me back - which, of course, never happened. His list of donors is a who's who of special interests. He voted with the special interests on this one and completely ignored his district. I really hope there is enough support to see him go away.

As for his age - he's 35 and has been educated at Cambridge, Stanford and Harvard Law. No doubt he didn't exactly get a conservative point of view. I think he's just the right kind of politician to send packing.

I'd support a recall effort. That said, I live in Portland and I can guarantee that there is no way someone will be successfully recalled based voting for the 941 legislation. Give this reality, is there any way I can contribute to the effort?

DJM

And if I remember correctly he showed up at the Portland Gun Club trap shoot for Monica Wehby in order to demonstrate his pro-gun stance.:mad:

Start researching his other votes. Find things to make it more than SB941. I'm not in his district but we can give you advice from what we learned so far on Riley/McLain.

Last Edited:
Also, anyone interested in the Brent Barton Recall for District 40 please let me know, we are trying to set up an "in person" meeting somewhere around district 40 and talk over strategy, logistics, and detail our planned RECALL. We are looking to meet up sometime later this month, the week of the 18th or later.
We think we can do this, but we need good strong determined people that are fed up with this BS to get involved, meet up, and hash out the details on what works best for us and how we want to proceed.

~ WinterBaer45

I am not able to be physically involved do to my work schedule, But i will be making a donation.

Start researching his other votes. Find things to make it more than SB941. I'm not in his district but we can give you advice from what we learned so far on Riley/McLain.

Yeah, we have to constantly make Riley and McLain about more than guns. Also, get help. Doing it by yourself will be a LOT to take on.

I am the Chair of the Clackamas County Republican Party. HD 40 is entirely within Clackamas County. We put up a great candidate, Steve Newgard, in 2012 and 2014. This district is split between D/R/NA voters but the D's have a registration advantage. Newgard had the support of many groups and did very well in 2012. In 2014 Barton used his money to win the race.
I also live in this district and know the players. I'd love nothing more than to recall Barton but his vote on SB941 alone is not going to generate the momentum to recall him.
There are things we can do, however, first, support the effort to recall Val Hoyle. This effort is already underway and she is very vulnerable. Second, help us, the Clackamas County Republican Party defeat Barton in 2016. It can be done, but won't be done without the help of everyone here actually committing and acting on their statements.
If you are willing to step up to get rid of Barton find out more at www.ClackamasRepublicans.org
-Casey Flesch, Chair- Clackamas County Republican Party

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top