JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
after a nifty purchase some years ago, I got around to the previously moribund OEM 10 shot magazines I was ready to consign to the refuge/garbage/"solid waste transfer station"....

perusing the ground between hate-to-do-it and waste-of-time trying, the yootubers actually had a couple great little helper videos. Learned a lot & may well have rehabbed all but one of them. Will confirm next range visit.

(unrelated to the miseries of the 'feeding issue' thread)

Don't waste your time :rolleyes:

... yah, I'm kind of there with this one. Oh, I love a good DYI project. But saving a 10/22 rotary magazine? I don't know. As slammed I am for time these days, I think my steps on a misbehaving magazine of that type would be:
  1. Place dead one in trash can.
  2. Buy a new one at very minimal cost. Or ask Ruger for one.*
  3. Done.
* Ruger has sent me a Mini-14 magazine (5-shot), and other small parts (screws, washers, manuals, etc.), over the years for literally nothing, upon request. Still their policy? No idea, and the last time was almost a decade ago, but still it is worth a try.

reassembly is easy also.
you're assuming the '10 left thumb' quirk my clan has been amply blessed with somehow has been abated?

In reality, the issue on these oldOLD well used items seems to be more of not just one of 'needing cleaning' (which I have never encountered despite literally decades of use of other such examples) but one of the spring/rotary function being inoperative.

I have the time to attend to a few things never explored before. The robust yet simple design of the Ruger rotary 10-shot OEM magazine is a shining example IMHO of great execution of inspired design with use-perfect materials.

Understanding what makes them work/why they fail/what can I do about it represents another step in my Daily Survival Prep files. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top