JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I screwed up this time. I have a Ruger 45/22 that got a bit rusty. This was my 17 year old sons pistol. He passed away last month, shortly after the last time we went out shooting. I couldn't bring myself to pull his pistol out of the case until today. I was pretty devastated when I saw this. It was dry when we went out so I am not even sure how this happened. Is there anyone locally, as in northwest Oregon that can restore this to factory condition? I am too nervous to send it off by mail out of fear of losing it.

20200331_151734.jpg 20200331_151651.jpg

Last Edited:
Sorry to hear the reason for it; the cause was likely being in the transport case as they're no good for storage :(

@Velzey for sure can do an unbelievably good job on this and can accept mailed stuff if you wanted to trust the destination, otherwise he's out in Estacada.

I screwed up this time. I have a Ruger 45/22 that got a bit rusty. This was my 17 year old sons pistol. He passed away last month, shortly after the last time we went out shooting. I couldn't bring myself to pull his pistol out of the case until today. I was pretty devastated when I saw this. It was dry when we went out so I am not even sure how this happened. Is there anyone locally, as in northwest Oregon that can restore this to factory condition? I am too nervous to send it off by mail out of fear of losing it.

View attachment 677632 View attachment 677633

Im sorry for your loss , you might try soaking that rust in some pentraiting oil a few times and use 0000 steel wool . Might not be as bad as it looks. I had it happen in a tight sealed plastic case. #noplastic .

View attachment 677632 View attachment 677633

Awwww man...... condolences about your son! :(

Another nod to @Velzey ..... Tim has mad restoration skills. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads