JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to rebarrel a S&W Model 10 .38 revolver with a 6-inch barrel, one inch diameter with milled flats, and put a ramp on it for a dot sight. The gentlemen I'd normally rely upon for this task are out of state, and I find FedEx's requirement for overnight firearms shipment a bit difficult to accept or afford. Can anyone recommend a good Oregon pistolsmith?

There was a guy in Southern Oregon who specialized in custom revolvers. For the life of me I cannot remember his name, he built this Model 10 DAO silhouette gun

SmithampWesson10_zps452a4245.jpg

TINCANBandit,
The bull barrel (with milled flats) is very much what I had in mind for my .38 Special, though I have a base for a dot sight. If you relocate the name and address of the gunsmith, I'd be obliged. Thanks.
Ed

FedEx requires overnight shipment of firearms ($60) and I'd have to pay for its return as well. That adds $120 to the price of the gunsmith's work, which moves the task out of the realm of practicality (and affordability). I'd rather deal with a gunsmith to whom I can personally deliver and pick up the work. $120 shipment to/from borders on the absurd for a $220-250 job.

It had been a great while since I had to send a firearm anywhere; there were always options within driving range, and I will drive a great distance to drop off and pick up my equipment, to discuss issues with the gunsmith. I relocated to the Northwest in 1997 and the pistolsmiths I relied upon before that (Cake-Davis of Sacramento, CA) are apparently no longer in business. I believe there are excellent riflesmiths and pistolsmiths in Oregon, but only recently have I changed priorities to address those projects.

Last Edited:
You might also try John Semm at Shooters Service Center in St Johns. He is very experienced with S&W revolvers. They are open Wed-Sat be sure to call before you go to ensure that they are open.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top