Rebarrel 308 Rem tactical worth it?

Velzey

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
Douglas makes great barrels. I’ve used them allot. Their posted prices of Turned, threaded, cut to length, crowned, polished, for $385 or so, doesn’t include chambering. They list that as being $500
Unless they have change things and are including chambering now for free.

I charge $250 for tenon turning, chambering. Plus the cost of the barrel.

Reactions
Value optionet a Shilen or criterion remage barrel.
They shoot very well especially for the price.

A rebarrel from the smiths I use are $700-900 with an excellent blank and 100% top notch and backed up work for a shouldered barrel.

OP
pinne65

pinne65

Reactions
Retracting from this venture in lack of funding since I just purchased another handgun, and realizing that my opportunities to shoot +1000 yards plus will limited west of PDX. Which was my initial objective with the heavier/longer bullets. Hornady 168 Bthp will have to do for now.

Reactions
Retracting from this venture in lack of funding since I just purchased another handgun, and realizing that my opportunities to shoot +1000 yards plus will limited west of PDX. Which was my initial objective with the heavier/longer bullets. Hornady 168 Bthp will have to do for now.
finding 1000+ near PDX isn’t impossible, just requires some investigation and exploration.
I was shooting a bit last a mile yesterday about an hour from Portland.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    1911 guru!
    Tim Copeland rebuilt and refreshed an old Colt 1911 Gold Cup for me that needed all new springs, new extractor & replaced a loose ejector. Found...
    • Knute
  • 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
Top Bottom