JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our club gets the pins donated to us from a local bowling alley when they wear out. I would think it saves them some bucks from having to send them to the dump. They will wear out (get destroyed) with a little time and enough shooting.

I just called the bowling alley that is just down the street from me and ask them if they had any old bowling pins, at this time he didn't but he asked me what I was going to use them for? I said to shoot them and he says oh you can't Use these because they are composite. He said that is written on the box that they come in do not use these for target shooting. He said the wooden ones you can shoot them all you want but the composite ones are so dense and hard that the likelihood of a ricochet is more likely. Heck I thought the pins were wooden I would've never guessed that they were composite.

I know, there are a bunch of pigs out there and then some questionable people. That is why we clean up and both of us carry a sidearm every time we go off the main road.
Can't wait for the snow to melt up in the mountains so we can get life back to normal. Until then we will go shooting where we can, once it opens up we will do over nights.

This may seem like an odd question, but there is a point. I am planning on setting up an area on our home range to practice bowling pin shooting. There is a local bowling alley that I will stop by and see if they discard or sell their worn out pins. If they just toss them for free, all well in good. If, however, they want some funds, candidly, I have no idea what would be reasonable.

Anyone involved with pin shooting have some thoughts? Thanks.
Big Al's throws out their beat up pins every two weeks. They sold them to me for a dollar a piece.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top