JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deceptive thread. In the article linked, they appear to be in an indoor shooting range shooting paper targets into what appears to be stacked rubber brick back stops. Which is likely not a good idea in case of a bounce back, which is likely what occurred. Not a fragment from shooting steel targets. This poor shmuck got hit with a full in projectile by the looks of the picture.
I think you and Dyjital are right. I originally thought the holes were on a paper target taped to steel but it looks like cardboard or corrugated plastic or something, not steel.

Deceptive thread. In the article linked, they appear to be in an indoor shooting range shooting paper targets into what appears to be stacked rubber brick back stops. Which is likely not a good idea in case of a bounce back, which is likely what occurred. Not a fragment from shooting steel targets. This poor shmuck got hit with a full in projectile by the looks of the picture.

Everybody is misunderstanding; I didn't say the vid showed them shooting steel, or that that was the problem there - I SAID THAT WAS WHY *I* DO NOT SHOOT STEEL! I.E., ricochets. :rolleyes:

I also try to not shoot at hard surfaces - such as rocks.

I can understand the misinterpretation, but that was not my intention.

Everybody is misunderstanding; I didn't say the vid showed them shooting steel, or that that was the problem there - I SAID THAT WAS WHY *I* DO NOT SHOOT STEEL! I.E., ricochets. :rolleyes:

I also try to not shoot at hard surfaces - such as rocks.

I can understand the misinterpretation, but that was not my intention.
Ok then. Don't shoot steel.

If you choose not to shoot steel, you are missing out on some good, clean, American fun.
Ringing steel is a fun thing.

We have plate racks, IPSC silhouettes, gongs and working on a dueling tree.

Steel ? I have fun with it. I do stand at a slight angle from straight on.

IMG_1795.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG

I had not even noticed that first look. That does look strange. Seems like those things would fill up with slugs and could lead to one bouncing back? Never seen a range like that. All the indoor I ever see either use steel that deflects the rounds down into a tank or piles of some kind of broken up rubber of some kind.

This ^^^
The thread title is misleading.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews