JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A $240,000 Ferrari 488 GTB sports car crashed here in Lane County after running off the road, and was declared a total loss. This sure does not seem to me to be a safe car to drive.

Here is a photo of the car, which burst into flames after crashing. Fortunately, both the driver and his passenger managed to get out safely.

ferrari1.jpg

Here is a local news report about the accident:

Ferrari burned down to frame after crash on Crow Road

Aside from the pile of melted plastic in the photo... :eek:

I think the QUARTER MILLION price tag is the number one reason not to get one... even IF it were affordable to me, that's redonkulous! :rolleyes:

Well, but it gives you 661 HP in a body that weighs only 100 more lbs than a Toyota Prius. :)

Plus it can go from 0 to 62 MPH in 3.0 sec

ferrari_488_gtb_3.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, but it gives you 661 HP in a body that weighs only 100 more lbs than a Toyota Prius. :)

Plus it can go from 0 to 62 MPH in 3.0 sec

View attachment 316597

Oh I didn't say I wouldn't get one if'n I COULD afford it, I just said the QUARTER MILLION is redonkulous! :p

Plus, 600+HP on public roads that aren't banked and surfaced properly for such a BEAST... what could POSSIBLY go wrong? :D I think this has the makin's for another Gas Monkey Garage salvage and rebuild! ;)

The problem is not so much the brand of exotic but the fact we are dealing with 600hp and two wheel drive. In the hands of someone with more money than talent it is nothing more than an axe murderer waiting for the right moment to strike.

My recently sold Porsche 996TT was right at 500hp and AWD. Even with the AWD if I were to switch off the PSM (the mommy button) that thing would break loose all four tires under accelleration and whisper about doing bad things if I lost focus. Switch PSM back on and it was deceptively lamb like.

I blame the driver not the car.

owning a car with nearly twice the HP per ton as that Ferrari I can reasonably assume the crash would not have happened if there was no passenger. Showing off for passenger in high HP rear wheel drive car on cold tires in October in oregon equals bad choices and no grip.

article says he swerved to miss a deer. Im going to guess that there was no mystery deer.

owning a car with nearly twice the HP per ton as that Ferrari I can reasonably assume the crash would not have happened if there was no passenger. Showing off for passenger in high HP rear wheel drive car on cold tires in October in oregon equals bad choices and no grip.

article says he swerved to miss a deer. Im going to guess that there was no mystery deer.

It was probably more like he swerved after saying, "Dont't worry, I'll slow down right after this last curve... dear". :rolleyes:

I've had the privilege to ride in a car similar to this Ferrari, except the owner has trained to drive his car. And to be honest I was really taken back by the performance. I'm not even sure I was breathing for awhile.

What allot of guys do is buy a car like this, and then try to drive it like their 68 Camero they had in High school!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top