JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do not know where the thread is. Someone asked why a gun may have been bought.
I bought this Ward's .22 just because it has a cool scope mount. The scope is non-adjustable.
I've seen this system before but did not have one. Besides, how could I go wrong for only $75
22 001.JPG 22 002.JPG 22 003.JPG 22 006.JPG 22 005.JPG y

Last edited by a moderator:
You have it correct. I meant that the scope tube itself is not adjustable. The adjustments are external to the tube.
The better systems also have a spring loaded scope tube to recoil with recoil.
As a side note, the dust did not seem so bad but sure came out with the pictures. Has been above a fireplace for a couple months. I promise to clean it.

As so many .22
It looks to me like you have a Mossberg rifle with a Mossberg scope and mount.
I "think" it might be the No. 9 2 1/2 power scope and mount combo.
Andy
It's all "Wards" with what I found. But that's all interchangeable. Ward's is stamped on the gun. Back then guns were made to whatever specs, then stamped with any name that paid for for it.

Hey it's just a 22. Famous last words
Had placed over the wood stove for no reason.Will give it a home after the cleaning it is due. Got complacent, forgive me.

I totally understand how that goes, with dust of my own on too many guitars and other toys.

My Wards Western Field .22s are Mossberg and Stevens. Love old pieces like that.

Last Edited:
I originally walked away from it. Then showed it to my wife and she said "get it", she liked it also. How many here have wives like that?
It happens but it's all about timing. She went to nwarmory with me a few months ago and gave me the green light to buy her a s&w airweight revolver but the guys there just felt like helping everyone else BUT us so we mutually left. Oh well.

Nice score. You'll spend more than that on 1,000 rounds of ammo. ;-p

Reason to buy a gun :
I go to gun shops when I have spare cash, not budgeted toward something. As often happens, I pull out my wallet, and all the money inside yells, "Fool, we want a divorce !!"
The good kind, one where I get a gun or scope or reloading components. :cool:

It happens but it's all about timing. She went to nwarmory with me a few months ago and gave me the green light to buy her a s&w airweight revolver but the guys there just felt like helping everyone else BUT us so we mutually left. Oh well.
That's funny, I've had a similar experience at NW Armory as well. I was foolish enough to go back and try a second time... Same results... That was my last trip there...

Has your gal fired an Airweight? It's a nice, light, compact carry piece - super concealable. And it delivers accurate little groups with some practice.

But while my average-size sweetheart is comfy and competent with a 9mm Shield, a .357 mag 686 (6" bbl) and a 1911, she doesn't like my little 638 at all, even with standard pressure .38 loads. Might be worth a test drive somewhere if that one's still on Ms. TGT's short list.

End of editorial... back to cool vintage .22s and scopes.

Last Edited:
Has your gal fired an Airweight? It's a nice, light, compact carry piece - super concealable. And it delivers accurate little groups with some practice.

But while my average-size sweetheart is comfy and competent with a 9mm Shield, a .357 mag 686 (6" bbl) and a 1911, she doesn't like my little 638 at all, even with standard pressure .38 loads. Might be worth a test drive somewhere if that one's still on Ms. TGT's short list.

End of editorial... back to cool vintage .22s and scopes.
She has a shield 9mm and an xdm 9mm. She wanted it more for a change of pace and knowing that I wanted it too. Okay I admit it, it was more for me.

The sliders on the side of the scope are -

1. Nearest to the eyepiece - focuses the reticle.

2. Furthest from the eyepiece - focuses the image.

I have two of these old scopes both with similar adjusters to yours.

tac

She has a shield 9mm and an xdm 9mm. She wanted it more for a change of pace and knowing that I wanted it too. Okay I admit it, it was more for me.

Busted, and the truth prevails! I'd just hate to see her shoot her brand new revolver and decide she really dislikes it - all with one pull of the trigger.

We've all shot pistols with a lot more recoil. But in my standard size mitt, the 638 is a right jumpy little piece, especially with room for only 2 fingers (barely) on the tiny grip. Although it has a (shrouded) hammer, I practice double-action since it's more likely to get used that way in a genuine emergency.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads