JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
100+ bucks for a sight adjustment tool??? Really? Anybody have a tool for a Sig I can rent or have any other suggestions? I dont wanna spend 100 dollars for something im only gonna use once.

I am only an internet commando so take these instructions with caution. Take two of those wooden paint stir sticks, vice, hammer and a nylon block. Make sure gun is unloaded, make sure gun is unloaded, remove slide, barrel and recoil spring. With a wooden paint stir stick on each side of the slide, tighten the slide in the vice. Using the nylon block and hammer tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap and tap the rear sight in place. For Glock, tap/push the rear sight on from right to left and off from right to left looking from the rear. I do not know if Sig requires special instructions or not.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Brass punch with a mallet, slide in a vice?

Pretty much. Bruzer gave you a nice complete answer. I said brass punch (the largest punch that you can use that will only touch the sights, not the slide) because sometimes the nylon will not hold up, but you can certainly start with nylon. It wont leave a mark

Very true about the nylon. I don't know where I got this nylon block from but it is black in color and VERY dense(hard) but won't damage the finish of your sights. There must be different densities of nylon because I've seen some that would not hold up under any kind of tapping with a hammer.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Thanks, gonna give it a try. Itll be a pain in the azs sighting it in, but without buying the right tool thats what ill have to deal with.

What ever you use just make sure its softer than the sight(s) and be prepared the "sacrifice" the punch and toss it in the garbage when you are done. Take a look at a small piece of UHMW for your "sacrifical punch".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top