JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I semi-screwed up in my haste to buy an inexpensive barrel assembly for my newest AR build. I did not realize that the barrel I was ordering was 223 and not 5.56. My preference is that it's 5.56 just because I know it'll safely eat more kinds of ammo. This is not going to be a target rifle so the minor loss of accuracy that might happen is not a real concern.

The good thing is that this isn't a chrome lined barrel, just straight up chromemoly so no issue there.

My question is: Can a good gunsmith ream the 223 chamber to 5.56 or wylde so it's safe to shoot 5.56 without any issue?

Forgot to mention before that this is an AR barrel so I just want to make sure I'm not running into headspace issues. My thought is that such a minimal amount of material in the throat will need to be removed it should go pretty good but I'm not sure how much it's going to want to cut the shoulder, even being easy on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top