JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an 1893 pattern Spanish Mauser I would like to get into firing condition. Can someone point me to a gunsmith, as close to Tigard as possible, who would be good working on something like this. Last fired in 1972 and has sat in a closet since.

Nothing obviously wrong with it. I would like to get the head space checked and the barrel slugged to ensure it's safe for modern ammo. It was my dad's gun and he started to sporterize it. But never got around to bluing it after the original coating was stripped. At a minimum, I need it disassembled and recoated. I have no idea how to go about getting this done.

I am a gunsmith in Stanwood WA and I specialize in restorations. I also do "hot salts" bluing.
Your Mauser wasn't actually "coated". Bluing is your best option. Several finishes are available from flat, satin up to master depending on how much polishing is required. Look around for a 'smith that does hot salts bluing and has knowledge of "old school" gunsmithing.

If you want to get it just blackened after its checked, take it to Blackline Inc. at 2425 nw st helens rd in portland. For 45 bucks they'll blacken it in 15 minutes for you. They did my buddys mack 90 he had bought for 100$.The rifle was almost junk, 1 go through the tanks and it was brand new.

If you want to get it just blackened after its checked, take it to Blackline Inc. at 2425 nw st helens rd in portland. For 45 bucks they'll blacken it in 15 minutes for you. They did my buddys mack 90 he had bought for 100$.The rifle was almost junk, 1 go through the tanks and it was brand new.

:s0001: 15 minutes?!?!
How do they do that?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top