JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They rode the 94 AWB across the finish line crying that AWs are the "weapon of choice for gang bangers and drug dealers".
It was a lie, but it appealed to the soccer mom demo that they needed so badly.
Of course it was a lie. "Assault weapons" were the "weapon of choice" of Holder's DOJ in Operation Fast and Furious during the reign of the Assclown Who Shall Not Be Named. And neither of those bastards were ever charged with the murders of USBP agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, killed by criminals using the same guns that Holder put out there for the taking, just so the AWSNBN could take yours.

Operation Fast and Furious

As a result of a dispute over the release of Justice Department documents related to the scandal, on June 28, 2012, in a vote largely along party lines in a Republican-controlled House, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress.[18][19] At Holder's request, President Barack Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency in order to withhold documents that "were not generated in the course of the conduct of Fast and Furious."[20][21] In 2016, a federal court ruled that the records in question were not covered by privilege;[22] A House lawsuit to try to recover the records was settled and the matter dropped in April 2019, after control of the House had shifted to Democrats.[23]

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm..."
Thing make you go hmmm.jpg

Last Edited:
I don't mean to 'butt in' but I have owned guns long before the AWB - and I don't know what you mean by 'worse than that' but if you mean anti gun issues being worse AFTER the AWB then I say a definite YES.

Prior to the AWB things were pretty 'sedate'. Oh there were occasional 'rumblings' from what few antis were around then but it was typically some minor issue that maybe got 30 seconds in the news, or maybe a dem prez like Carter would mention something but it was NEVER to the degree it is now with essentially non-stop bombardment of anti-gun sentiment.

My belief is the AWB was a well crafted, diabolical plan to shift the anti gun movement into high gear by first creating paranoia among gun owners. Then a 10 year hiatus with a variety of bans - which included a - 10 round mag limit.

During this time I saw a DRAMATIC increase of interest in 'assault weapons' with people buying them who had never owned them before. There began to be much more activity and mention of the 'Pro 2A' movement and well, the rest is history.

Fast forward to 2004 and when the ban ended I saw stores with high cap mags literally covering walls and 'black guns' began to take up a lot more shelf space as well.

I firmly believe we would NOT be where 'we are' today if the AWB had never happened.
I wonder how much the internet and social media has contributed to the feeling that now is nonstop vs the lackluster past. Easier now to push for feelings through social media campaigns. Get everyone riled up. Back before the internet and social media, it took a long time for information to travel. Even 9/11 took a bit of time for the west coast to get wind of what was going on. Now, it's on the TV and internet almost as it is happening. The President says one thing and millions online react instantly either negatively or positively.

Of course it was a lie. "Assault weapons" were the "weapon of choice" of Holder's DOJ in Operation Fast and Furious during the reign of the Assclown Who Shall Not Be Named. And neither of those bastards were ever charged with the murders of USBP agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, killed by criminals using the same guns that Holder put out there for the taking, just so the AWSNBN could take yours.

Operation Fast and Furious

As a result of a dispute over the release of Justice Department documents related to the scandal, on June 28, 2012, in a vote largely along party lines in a Republican-controlled House, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress.[18][19] At Holder's request, President Barack Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency in order to withhold documents that "were not generated in the course of the conduct of Fast and Furious."[20][21] In 2016, a federal court ruled that the records in question were not covered by privilege;[22] A House lawsuit to try to recover the records was settled and the matter dropped in April 2019, after control of the House had shifted to Democrats.[23]

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm..."
View attachment 1001258
Scum, all of them... :mad:

I wonder how much the internet and social media has contributed to the feeling that now is nonstop vs the lackluster past
You beat me to this question ! And I would say IT and SM have contributed to it on a scale of 1-10 about 9.9 !

The interesting part is the AWB came at a time of rapid growth in IT and so they went 'hand in hand' as well.

...an actual ban by a Republican (Trump and bump stocks).
Did Trump ban bump stocks, or did he sign an EO directing the Bureau Formerly Known As ATF to look into it?
POTUS doesn't have the authority to make law, at least according to Art.1 Sec.8 of The Constitution (enumerated powers).

It was not a shining moment in his administration, but it does get tossed around a lot as a reason (THE reason) Rs are "the REAL gun grabbers!"
That and the fact that Regan was interested in an AWB, as if anyone cares. Those things are usually thrown-in by anti-gun zealots who think that because they are so easily influenced by what "their" party-line is, we are too.
Nope. I couldn't care less what some R party luminary says or thinks. At all.

Only fools are partisan.

That last part is not in direct reference to you or your post, @Reno... just a corollary to the "Trump bump stock ban" line.

Did Trump ban bump stocks, or did he sign an EO directing the Bureau Formerly Known As ATF to look into it?
POTUS doesn't have the authority to make law, at least according to Art.1 Sec.8 of The Constitution (enumerated powers).
Sort of...

The salient bits from the article:

"...On Feb. 20, 2018, Trump announced that he had signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to "dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns."

That ultimately led the Department of Justice and ATF to issue a new federal regulation on Dec. 18, 2018, officially banning bump stocks..."

So, while DJT himself didn't actually ban bump stocks, he signed a memo that basically directed the USAG to propose a rule to ban them. Some would argue a nuance here that it was the ATF that banned them, but I take the position that the ATF would not have banned them if the USAG/DOJ hadn't directed them to look into the matter, and that would not have happened if Trump had not directed the USAG to look into the matter. So, in my mind, it was Trump that kicked the chock out from under the cart's wheels that got the whole thing rolling. Something for which I will never forgive him..

Last Edited:
So, in my mind, it was Trump that kicked the chock out from under the cart's wheels that got the whole thing rolling...
That seems like a fair enough assessment.
He lost a lot of goodwill with that move and it was stupid from the jump. I don't attempt to rationalize any politician's actions and that includes Trump's ill-conceived attempt at appeasing the leftist henhouse with, what I'm sure he was told, would be, a "throwaway" bit of pandering... l guess he's never heard the tale of Dick's... to us, there IS no part of the 2A that's a throwaway.

I don't believe it erases the accomplishments, but it's a black mark for sure.

He lost a lot of goodwill with that move and it was stupid from the jump.
Wholeheartedly agreed on both counts.
I don't attempt to rationalize any politician's actions and that includes Trump's ill-conceived attempt at appeasing the leftist henhouse with, what I'm sure he was told, would be, a "throwaway" bit of pandering... l guess he's never heard the tale of Dick's... to us, there IS no part of the 2A that's a throwaway.
One cannot appease The Mob. Maybe he didn't know that back then, but it's patently obvious now to anyone that's paid attention over the past 2 years.
And you're correct - there is no part of the 2A that could ever be considered "throwaway".
I don't believe it erases the accomplishments, but it's a black mark for sure.
Agreed on both counts.

There were accomplishments in Trumps 4 years? Hell, I felt like the guy spent the better part of that time trying to keep his reputation (aka his EGO) in one piece fighting press release after press release or impeachment after impeachment. He was entirely unprepared for politics at that level and they ate him alive. First year he spent most of the time just trying to keep staff that wouldn't stab him in the back or leak info. Following two years after that weren't much different, I'm surprised he kept any staff. The last year was nothing but rallies for re-election. Then in the 1st couple of months of this year it as if he was never even president at all. Anything he did accomplish was erased in the first week via executive actions, combined with the absolute blackout by social media and tech giants.

If there was one thing about his four years, it was that the nation sort of got to get back to work as we sort of relaxed a bit, even though they made sure to force feed us at every single opportunity that he was the devil and needed to be removed from office.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top