JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I bought my first 10/22 the other day from BIMART, went to shoot it today and nothing happens. There is no click when I pull the trigger, nothing happens. It did fire a couple of times, but thats it. I have no idea what is wrong. I am assuming a cannot take it back since it has been fired. Can anyone help? I am really upset because this is my first experience with a 10/22.
thanks

This is my first post on this site. I don't own a 10/22, but many people at rimfirecentral live and breathe the 10/22 and they will most likely know how to help you if this is not resolved by Bi-Mart.

I'd be really surprised if BM did not make it good. It's ammo they can't take back.
Before anything else I tried a different batch/brand of ammo.

What kind of ammo were you using? I've had TONS of misfires using Remington, Peters, and some Winchester in my 10/22. Or try giving it a good cleaning and try again.

Sounds like a clear warranty issue if the gun won even dry fire. Alhthough you did say it fired a couple of times.... but then stopped?

Are you are sure the saftey is off? I say that because i have forgotten a couple times when my saftey was on and first thought the problem was something other than the saftey.

I will have to say that Ruger's newer production 10/22 are of lesser quality than years past... I recently made the mistake of thinking that one of the only differences in the new 10/22's was the trigger guard. I encouraged my cousin to buy a new 10/22: we took it out and on the 3rd round the front site fell off, LOL. It took us a few minutes to find it. When I put it back in, I found out that it was extremely loose (the only way to get it to stay was super glue). There were other problems too.

I think I will stick with my older Ruger 10/22's!!!!!

Remington Golden bullets is pretty much all myself and all my buddies shoot anymore. That seems to be IMHO the best bulk ammo out there. I have had nothing but issues with the other bulk ammo's. By the way, did you take the safety off before firing??:) Ok, let the tongue lashings begin!

I bought a 10/22 from Bi Mart a couple of years ago and had issues with it jamming and not operating properly. I contacted Bi Mart and they sent it back to Ruger where a problem was found, fixed and sent back to me (actually to Bi Mart, LOL) It has worked flawlessly since. Call Bi Mart and go from there, From my dealings they and Ruger both will take care of you.

We are fortunate in our shared interest, in the fact that MOST of our manufacturers and suppliers still adhere to the adage of customer satisfaction. (More and more rare in today's world.) If there is something wrong with that gun, Ruger will make it right. Of that I am certain.

My 10-22 was shipped without the extractor claw, extractor spring, and one other part. I'll never buy a Ruger again. Complete POS.

I had the same problem with a new Ruger a while back. It turned out to be some packing material that had gotten lodged under the trigger reset. Put it back together and now works fine. Take it appart and give it a good clean. Rimfirecentral has all the information you will need to take it appart and put back together. If you are going to own one of these, you will need to learn how.

John

A general problem like this is hard to diagnose on an online forum without details. You should remove the trigger group and disassemble the bolt from the receiver just to see what you are up against. The 10-22 is easy to field strip, and you should be able to see if any parts are broken of if you have a factory cleanliness issue. I do not believe firing or cleaning voids the factory warranty, only time since sale.

Keith

i also had this same problem, eventually threw a Volquartsen replacement group in and it went away.... added benefit of 100% aluminum trigger/housing compared to the plastic parts ruger uses now.

very unhappy with my brand new 10/22 because of this....

Got a new 10/22. The front sight was very loose also. Used some blue locktite and it fixed the problem. I can still remove the sight if I ever decide to change it. After fixing it and sighting it in, it hits right on the gnats back and I haven't had any malfunctions regardless of ammo. I wouldn't disregard the Ruger just yet.

I'd be really surprised if BM did not make it good. It's ammo they can't take back.
Before anything else I tried a different batch/brand of ammo.

Actually there are prominent signs in BiMart stating there are NO RETURNS on fire arms OR ammo. That doesn't mean BiMart won't work with you on warrantee issues.

Its not a flaw in design. Someone just dropped the ball in assembling it. Taking the gun apart should be number one to finding out whats wrong.

It is sad to see the money saving cuts that take away from quality... like the plastic trigger group. The variations between mag well specs in my two mini 14's are obvious with the naked eye. Yet, i still like the company. They just make cool rifles. Hopefully someone up top starts to steer the company in the right direction.

Have you called Bi Mart yet?. If like you said you just bought it you should first let Ruger deal with it, Regardless of being fired or not it does have a warranty period. Taking it apart and messing with it may void your warranty and then if it is a defective part from the factory you might have to foot the bill to fix it yourself.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads