JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hadn't been to a retail ammo establishment since the whole no ammo thing started.

All I can say is wow. The shelves look like they were picked clean by locusts. Absolutely nothing, except shotgun bird ammo. Even all the 'odd' calibers, all gone.

I guess this is the consequence (partially) of competing with government when they have a monopoly money printing press to buy all they want, while we only have our slave wages.

Should have taken a picture. Looked like one of those pics showing what grocery store shelves look like immediately after a disaster.

I went into Dick's yesterday in Hillsboro after playing a round of disc golf across the street to see what they had. Over 500 rounds of 7.62x39 Tula for $6.99 a box and thats about it for ammo. Couple 10/22's for $239 and lots of shotguns and rifles - no AR's. And of course like every time I have been into a Dick's store there was nobody in sight to help at the gun counter. I don't think they are getting much business in that dept. I walked out and bought nothing of course.

Yea Burt the government and their Rothchilds banker buddies bought up all the 25-06 the 300 savage the 32 ACP the 45 long colt the odd and the obsolite ammo. And they have it all in a big building in Area 51. They sent out thousands of new FEMA recruits to repeatedly visit the 100's of thousands of ammo sellers in the USA over the last 12 weeks even ACE hardware in Silverton and Bochslers Hardware in Mt Angel to buy up all that .22LR and of course while they were there they bought the Wolf Target .22LR at 15.00 a box of 50. And of course they had to snag the 30-40Krag and the 303British. Gee I wonder if they have made it to the Store in Fields Oregon yet maybe I can find a brick of .22 there.

BULL the ammo missing from the shelves is in guys closets who PANICed like little girls cause someone said the word BAN.

Plain and simple the Government buying ammo from Lake City and General Dynamic and the other people awarded the contracts has nothing to do with our supply,Since those people don't even make domestic ammo for retail sale.

Don't know what FM you were at Burt, but the Hayden Meadows store has put their paltry offerings BEHIND the counter. Apparently so it's easier to hold people to the limit(whatever that is) when they get stock in, AND to prevent pilferage! Yes boys and girls, there are common thieves in our ranks.

I also have a belief that the company that supplies Fisherman's AND Bi-mart, perhaps others in our area, are FLAKES, plain and simple. The company Allsports was doing a terrible job of supplying powder and primers well before 12/14 AND the election. I wouldn't imagine they would get better after. They are a part of some East coast something-or-other. I wonder if you live on the Eastern side they get more supplies?

Mike

I went into Dick's yesterday in Hillsboro after playing a round of disc golf across the street to see what they had. Over 500 rounds of 7.62x39 Tula for $6.99 a box and thats about it for ammo. Couple 10/22's for $239 and lots of shotguns and rifles - no AR's. And of course like every time I have been into a Dick's store there was nobody in sight to help at the gun counter. I don't think they are getting much business in that dept. I walked out and bought nothing of course.

FWIW, Dicks employees are allowed to hold back ammo for themselves, When I asked a employee how long since .22 has been "in", His reply was...."Some makes it "in" but none ever hits the shelves after we (employees) are done buying it, (With a smirk on his face).

FWIW, Dicks employees are allowed to hold back ammo for themselves, When I asked a employee how long since .22 has been "in", His reply was...."Some makes it "in" but none ever hits the shelves after we (employees) are done buying it, (With a smirk on his face).

Guess the company was named after it's employees...

Don't know what FM you were at Burt, but the Hayden Meadows store has put their paltry offerings BEHIND the counter. Apparently so it's easier to hold people to the limit(whatever that is) when they get stock in, AND to prevent pilferage! Yes boys and girls, there are common thieves in our ranks.

I also have a belief that the company that supplies Fisherman's AND Bi-mart, perhaps others in our area, are FLAKES, plain and simple. The company Allsports was doing a terrible job of supplying powder and primers well before 12/14 AND the election. I wouldn't imagine they would get better after. They are a part of some East coast something-or-other. I wonder if you live on the Eastern side they get more supplies?

Mike

Ahh, I'll take a look next time to see if they have any behind the counter! Thanks.

BULL the ammo missing from the shelves is in guys closets who PANICed like little girls cause someone said the word BAN.

I said partially, perhaps you need to pay more attention. Surely when DHS is buying billions - and that is all we are told about - that does have a PARTIAL affect on supply.

Personally, I am pretty much set. Not the type of guy that needs to run with the sheep in a panic situation. Would always buy more when the opportunity arises of course. More interested in picking up silver on <$29 dips than ammo. Then when silver heads to $138 (inflation adjusted 1980 high) and all the lemmings are running that direction I'll be ahead of that game also.

There HAS to be a (hopeful) point when the ammo starts returning to the shelves it will have a 'psychological' effect on the scalpers and the panicked who will hopefully stop there weekly game of musical chairs with the stores.

The only way the governments purchases of ammo has had any actual effect on the supply available for the public is because fear mongers are whipping up the sheep by spreading this silly crap that somehow its the governments fault.

I personally think the majority of people in the government are morons. But I do not think because DHS is letting contracts for the ammo they will be buying over the next 5 years JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE. Somehow this caused the supply of ammo to vanish.

Its the People walking in the front door of BiMart who are responsible for the fact they have almost nothing to sell in their ammo and reloading depts. PERIOD

Time to suck it up and take resonsibility for our actions. And stop blaming someone else. Thats the Normal Liberal operating method.

While I agree with you that the scalpers and profiteers are to blame, lake city does not make hollow point ammo, other than the new 5.56 SOST rounds. That being said, the dhs order has to be coming from civilian mfg's.

Now we know who is on Craigslist, Facebook, Armslist, etc... selling bricks of .22LR close to $70.00

SF-

I know much of the empty ammo shelves are due to panicked citizens buyin up with they can while they can.

I also see that employees (and other scalpers with the free time to camp outside the stores for shipments) are buying much of it up to sell at triple+ profit.

There's another factor at play though.

Even though it's not armies of FEMA shoppers hitting hundreds of thousands of retail outlets, the massive Govt. ordering has dried up powder and primers. So those exotic rounds will suffer from a lack of components just like commercial 5.56 or .40 cal.

I hadn't been to a retail ammo establishment since the whole no ammo thing started.

All I can say is wow. The shelves look like they were picked clean by locusts. Absolutely nothing, except shotgun bird ammo. Even all the 'odd' calibers, all gone.

Sooooo, the last four months of news reports and personal eyewitness accounts on virtually every gun-related Internet forum in existence weren't convincing enough?

yup.... the ammo grabbers will have a good time defending everybody, if SHTF, as they will be the ones with all the ammo.........good luck with that one !! if it were to be left on the shelves, everyone would still have access, and as needed, it would be replenished by the stores !
kinda reminds me of my first divorce......as i walked into the house i could see all the large items that were missing, but it wasn't till the next morning when i took 2 pieces of bread to put in toaster, and it was also gone.........just saying, even 22 lr is missing, and it's hard to explain to the grandkids, we don't go shooting today !

steven

The only way the governments purchases of ammo has had any actual effect on the supply available for the public is because fear mongers are whipping up the sheep by spreading this silly crap that somehow its the governments fault.

I personally think the majority of people in the government are morons. But I do not think because DHS is letting contracts for the ammo they will be buying over the next 5 years JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE. Somehow this caused the supply of ammo to vanish.

Its the People walking in the front door of BiMart who are responsible for the fact they have almost nothing to sell in their ammo and reloading depts. PERIOD

Time to suck it up and take resonsibility for our actions. And stop blaming someone else. Thats the Normal Liberal operating method.

I agree whole-heartedly with everything said here. To think that ammo supplies are low because of a 'massive' order from the DHS is pure rabble-rousing. Most of it isn't even a settled contract yet, but a request for submittals. Manufacturing hasn't even begun yet for the vast majority of the order. And it will be filled over the next 5 years. At a pace that's less than 20% of the normal civilian consumption rate. Shelves are bare because Billy-Bobs keep buying 20,000 round of .22lr because they're stupid. And terrible at economics. It's not just with ammo either, it's going on with magazines and rifles. Someone on this site is trying to sell 15rd FNP-45 mags for $100 when they're retail is $49. No one is buying them from him. Panic only sells for so long...

You shouldn't talk down the human panic response. We haven't evolved away from it because the panic response still saves lives. Even in this modern, political pseudo-danger, this panic response to purchase arms and ammo may save lives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top