JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on how good of a shot you are. I carry a S&W Chief's Special 2" snubbie, and feel fairly confident i could make a real accurate torso shot with it at 10 yards. I would say i am an average shooter. Your mileage may vary and the range will of course extend if you have longer barrel.

I have a colt detective special I shoot quite a bit.I took it out this week and shot it along with my python and my S&W 41 mag.I was hitting water bottles at 45 yrds. about every other shot.You just need to practice...Robin

At 10 paces, aprox 10 yards, I can keep it on a paper plate, with my SP101, with .38 spec. I favor a .38 snubby, for carry. I would think if you needed to pull it, it is going to be up close, and moving, and closer than 10 yards.

I live out past beavercreek and have a small range on my property.That along with reloading enables me to shoot quite regularly.Because of the practice I wouldnt hesitate defending myself using a snubnose revolver out to 35 yrds if I had to.Heres a couple of pics of the range...Robin
P1010016.jpg
P1010029.jpg

I shoot a sp100 and we shoot at a maniquin torso and I know by the holes left with lots of knowing your gun and your loads you can hit at 75 but on a quick pull and shoot 40 yrds. is my max.

At 10 paces, aprox 10 yards, I can keep it on a paper plate, with my SP101, with .38 spec. I favor a .38 snubby, for carry. I would think if you needed to pull it, it is going to be up close, and moving, and closer than 10 yards.

I have owned 2 SP101s..... At ten yards they can shoot easilly, off hand the size of a softball, not a paper plate.....double action... and I'm no revolver shooter.

I currently have a J frame that, prone and single action, have no problem at 25, keeping them all in the A zone of an IPSC target. that is with the early teeny tiny sights. The new sights are much nicer.

My wife tells stories about a guy that would shoot big bore IHMSA down at Douglas Ridge with a 2" snubby. She was the range safty officer and swore he was going to put a hole in his leg shooting creedmore.

For those that don't know IHMSA goes out to 200M.

I have owned 2 SP101s..... At ten yards they can shoot easilly, off hand the size of a softball, not a paper plate.....double action... and I'm no revolver shooter.

I don't shoot softballs any more. Paper plates are way cheaper.

Anyway, I take a black marker and put a little X in the center of the plate. It groups under the size of a softball, with an occasional flinch, or flier. SP101 are real nice. Soaks up the recoil a lot better than my Taurus ultralight .38.

It's amazing to see people who perfect there craft! Pratice is the key. I wish it didn't cost so much to shoot!!!

One of my wife shooting a Glock 17 at an unknown range....I think it was 60 yards or so...anyway, see the dust behind the target? She was popping it good. :D
006.jpg

And another one with an AR. ;)

009.jpg

You are welcome. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show