JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I can not cross reference a weapon on GB or bud's to determine a fair market price before I post it,which should not be a problem doing I just post it for what I am willing to take for it as far as cash goe's.Everybody should do their own homework on material value.If somebody has to bump their WTS thread 10 time's with 5000 view's then I would think it's time to pull it or drop the price.
In the end market will alway's dictate value.

If somebody has to bump their WTS thread 10 time's with 5000 view's then I would think it's time to pull it or drop the price.

Some of us use the same thread to list multiple firearms and keep it updated instead of making new ones cluttering up the board or 10 individual threads pushing other peoples ads off the first page. Just sayin'

While people say it's a "free market", the classifieds aren't *quite* run that way, because the "market" isn't allowed to comment.

That's what is most frustrating to me, that we can't say someone is full of it when they post something ridiculous. Or better yet, intentionally trying to dupe people by saying something is "extremely rare" and worth therefore worth a lot, when neither is true.

But false/deceptive advertising isn't allowed in the U.S. "free market", but it's apparently okay here... Which is why I get annoyed at some of the classifieds.

But I still enjoy them enough to overlook those things most of the time!

Some of us use the same thread to list multiple firearms and keep it updated instead of making new ones cluttering up the board or 10 individual threads pushing other peoples ads off the first page. Just sayin'
I have listed multiple weapon's as package's myself,I dont think that has anything to do with people doing their homework and deciding they are getting a fair deal or not.I do agree if you can post multiple item's at once it is more curtious to the person before you.

My observation: 41 of the 46 posts so far come from non supporting members most of which are complaining.
This is my personal observation and not a site opinion as people are free to use the site free of charge. It just sounds like a bunch of complaining/whining about something being provided free of charge.

As the rules state if you dont like an ad move on.

Some people guard against purchases of overpriced firearms by BUYING the Blue Book of Firearms Values.
They also have an online version that is updated regularly you can subscribe to for a reasonable amount.
Now then, what was the complaint?

My observation: 41 of the 46 posts so far come from non supporting members most of which are complaining.
This is my personal observation and not a site opinion as people are free to use the site free of charge. It just sounds like a bunch of complaining/whining about something being provided free of charge.

High horse much?

As if something would change if we were all paying members.....

Also, it's nice to know that our opinion isn't valued if were not paying money.

As if something would change if we were all paying members.....

Also, it's nice to know that our opinion isn't valued if were not paying money.

Wow did I hit too close to home on the whole free but complain observation. Where did I say opinions dont count if you dont support? We all know you are one of the more outspoken/opinionated members so no suprise you would take offense and read into it your own twist.

Wow did I hit too close to home on the whole free but complain observation. Where did I say opinions dont count if you dont support? We all know you are one of the more outspoken/opinionated members so no suprise you would take offense and read into it your own twist.

As if you have to be a rocket scientist to read between the lines on your post. I don't look at this thread as anybody complaining as you do. More of what peoples thoughts are on a certain subject.

If you think you have offended me then you would be mistaken. Takes alot more than your words to do so. However, I do take it as a compliment that you acknowledge the fact that I am outspoken/opinionated. A trait I am fine with.

I will quote Adam Smith: "A thing is worth what people will pay for it.

I've got most of my guns at "decent" prices. ONE, I overpaid paid ridiculously for. MOST have been bargain-basement prices. PATIENCE, knowing what you want and waiting for the right deal are the key to saving money.

As for forum prices? they are their own punishment and reward. If you willingly participate in the "punishment" phase, then shame on you, not the seller. You are a sucker. Sucks to be you. If you were the smart one who said "That's a ripoff" then you "won" by not buying.

Caveat Emptor. Know it, love it, learn it.

So to address this issue, lets put it into perspective. The fact that creating rules that restrict prices is infringing on a sellers freedom has already been addressed.

Lets look at the suggestion to allow comments on posts regarding sellers prices. Who decides whether or not the comment is justified? When its twice market price? 10% above? Costs more than you bought it from a buddy 10 years ago?

Lets be realistic guys, if comments on prices were allowed, then there would always be the guy who thinks "that price is too high". Yes some of us might not care if a firearm is $20 above market value, but there is always "that guy". The amount of moderation that would need to be done to actually regulate "price discussion" would be absurd.

If someone is misrepresenting an item however with an inaccurate description, then that is grounds for reporting the ad.

To play the flip side, for those who want to allow price comments on ads, how would you like to have people criticize your ad about price? Regardless if your item is actually overpriced or not, I'm sure the first interested buyer that sees someone post "I know of some place that has that for less!" would be discouraged from even bothering looking up the actual market price.

All buyers should invest in a blue book of firearms to gauge firearm values, and do research elsewhere before buying.

Mods can't really interfere by dictating what a person should ask for their own property. You just have to let the market bring those people to reality.

I agree with you completely.

I have seen instances, however, in which someone's been bumping the same ad for several months without any interest yet without budging on the price.

Ok I follow kinda sorta, even though you posting a retort to complaining is kinda complaining and humorous.

No, I just dont complain when given something for free.

Isn't this thread in a free forum filled with free opinions? And yet a post again :)

So to address this issue, lets put it into perspective. The fact that creating rules that restrict prices is infringing on a sellers freedom has already been addressed.***snip****
, and do research elsewhere before buying.

I don't care beyond the fact it reflects on the board. Why does Snipershide, Arfcom, etc allow for some common sense moderation? A bunch of overpriced people trying to gouge people reflects badly on the board. Beyond that when the mods have chosen to allow posts that border on outright lies about a gun, well with all the rules in place you'd think they'd try to enforce some to keep that slime out. But that's just my $0.02

Hi All,
Maybe we need to fine a location on line that will give us a High and Low Price for most all Firearms. If there is not one maybe we need to make one and up date it from month to month.
What do you guys & Gals think?
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top