JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do think its funny when people sell a used firearm for a NIB price. Also when they try to up the price and force include some useless accessories. i.e. a light, vertical grip, sling, box/case, tons of ammo, or what ever else you could think of but are unwilling to separate. Its different if its a key or matched component.. But often these "package" deals include stuff I'd trade or sell anyway.

Usually I'll always mark the price down, and if its dinged up or.scratched I'll at least take that into account when naming the price.
Newer shooters usually do the mentioned above^.. But folks who do a lot of sales or trades usually have a better attitude and mentality about realistic used firearm and accessory pricing.

Common sense? The guy selling $500 Pap's for $1k, $600 AR's for $1500, etc. No one cares about people trying to get "top dollar", that's just looking for the right buyer. But the people that are asking triple the value and mislead in their ads to try and score an idiot- well i think there should be some moderation but flip side it's also the buyers job to do their homework.

Then I guess you are one of these people who does not get what Free Market means, which when we extrapolate to the sociaty at large leads to all the stupid government regulations.

And who decides at whst point something is blatantly overpriced?
I personally just roll my eyes when I see the prices for the Saiga shotguns. You will not see me paying $1000+ for a stamped sheet metal junk just because it's magazine fed.
However, I move on and if some other sap buys it, then it was worth the price to someone.
It's called a "free market", which seems to be a concept lost on too many people these days.
Whoa now... Theres no reason to make a jab at AKs or saiga shotguns for that matter:p.. But I do agree they are very overpriced now.

Everyone likes to find a good deal, Sometimes you just fall into it, If you don't like what you see Laugh to yourself and move on.
Some people will just never get it and if others are naive enough to pay an inflated price Laugh twice!

HEY Mohawk!! cool to see you on here... iamme i think your right on with your points and agree and always try to do research on anything i buy. Chalupacabra you made a great point on the CL problem one would think people would also offer fair prices and not low ball someone into the dirt.....I also believe its ok for people to post classifieds for objects at crazy prices and that there is no need for a watchman to regulate the post because in the end as someone stated all one has to do is move on.

Then I guess you are one of these people who does not get what Free Market means, which when we extrapolate to the sociaty at large leads to all the stupid government regulations.

You're confusing free market, with having forum policies in place to keep it legit and not encourage this sort of activity. Free Market will dictate that Mini Draco's that used to sell for $400 are now worth $1K due to supply. Price gouging is selling a currenlty available $500 Pap AK pistol for double it's price trying to capitalize on the Draco's situation. Maybe that will clear up for some :)

Whoa now... Theres no reason to make a jab at AKs or saiga shotguns for that matter:p.. But I do agree they are very overpriced now.

You can still find a few OK deals on Saiga-12's but not what they once were :( I'm still eyeballing one that's priced "reasonable" but just don't know I need it in the collection right now.

Wow, I think it is hilarious and hypocritical how a reoccurring subject on this forum is the need for less big brother, yet here are some of you asking for big brother to step in to CONTROL prices... This is a forum open to the PUBLIC which invites a FREE market, it is NOT this forum's responsibility to price fix. We're not commies.

IF you are STUPID enough to pay the prices people are asking than so be it, it's called a Stupid Tax for a reason. Are you buying it? NO. Is it something you're looking for? Tough luck, move on, find another seller.

Freedom of speech dictates you are welcome to your own opinion and have the right to voice that opinion... but don't tell others how to conduct their own business. Just like how you have a choice, they have a choice.

I say we find someone on the forum who is an LCSW and can offer counseling for those who believe they are somehow being victimized or taken advantage of by nothing more than a price for something they do not agree with, have not, and probably will not buy and have the complete power to walk away from yet seem very affected by what they see and read.

You're confusing free market, with having forum policies in place to keep it legit and not encourage this sort of activity. Free Market will dictate that Mini Draco's that used to sell for $400 are now worth $1K due to supply. Price gouging is selling a currenlty available $500 Pap AK pistol for double it's price trying to capitalize on the Draco's situation. Maybe that will clear up for some :)
Help me understand your line of thought? You are savy enough to know you can go find the pap for $500. But at the same time you want "policies" to protect the person willing to pay $1000 for same said item? I really can't understand this thought process?

Wow, I think it is hilarious and hypocritical how a reoccurring subject on this forum is the need for less big brother, yet here are some of you asking for big brother to step in to CONTROL prices... This is a forum open to the PUBLIC which invites a FREE market, it is NOT this forum's responsibility to price fix. We're not commies.=

IF you are STUPID enough to pay the prices people are asking than so be it, it's called a Stupid Tax for a reason. Are you buying it? NO. Is it something you're looking for? Tough luck, move on, find another seller.

Freedom of speech dictates you are welcome to your own opinion and have the right to voice that opinion... but don't tell others how to conduct their own business. Just like how you have a choice, they have a choice.

+1000000

Pretty simple - look on sites like Northwest Armory, Auction Arms and Gun Broker. I see XD's (used ) on this sight that they are asking over 600$ for when I can got to the Northwest Armory and buy one that is in instock for 399$. If you cant at least do some research on the PC you kind of deserve what you get.

James Ruby

Guess what if you shot it - it isnt brand new any longer.

Glock owners are the worst offenders, but then again they bought a Glock so clearly they aren't that bright to begin with.

2ezmfy8.jpg

I've gotten good deal here. I've gotten a few really good deals on gunbroker, too.

Each one of those good deals, however, came at the expense of having to read through thousands of ads that I didn't respond to. It's not the seller's obligation to make buying stuff easy for me, but it is my obligation to make sure I'm not taken advantage of.

Caveat emptor.

I find it amazing that the same folks that complain that Person "A" is asking too much for their item, are usually the same person to brag about how they scored an item for half what it's worth from Person "B"!

Of course, all of you folks that want the Mods to control high prices would step up and explain to a seller that they are asking too little...right? I thought so...It never crossed your mind while you were here "looking for a deal"...your words not mine.

I am wondering the opinions of members on here (because im sure you all have seen it) what is with people selling at outrages prices? :p

The reality from people I talked with over the last year is money and lack of it. Many people are losing their homes, jobs and even have medical bills. What do you and I have worth money ? Cars and Guns and desperate people will try and get top dollars for them.

When I sell something it is usually because I do not need it so someone buying from me usually gets a good deal.
But if I had to pay rent and needed money I would need as much as I could get.

I do not think most are greedy as much as maybe more desperate.

I do agree as well, often times it is what ever you are willing to pay for it.
I once sold a old Honda gas motor from the 80's for 675.00 on Ebay.
People are willing to pay sometimes :)

Caveat emptor...

I think asking outrageous prices is stupid but who are we to tell a private property holder what he can sell his property for? is that freedom?

This is my personal opinion and not forum opinion or policy. I personally think the market should decide.

I have in the past banned a small group of people that were attempting as a group to artificially price fix Saiga 12's but that is different. These people were listing non existent Saiga 12's at highly inflated price's and then listing them as sold at the highly inflated prices to artificially drive up the prices of the stockpile they had purchased and planned to sell. They were caught, they were banned. This is different than the dreamer that asks more than the market will bare.

Caveat emptor...

I have in the past banned a small group of people that were attempting as a group to artificially price fix Saiga 12's but that is different. These people were listing non existent Saiga 12's at highly inflated price's and then listing them as sold at the highly inflated prices to artificially drive up the prices of the stockpile they had purchased and planned to sell. They were caught, they were banned. This is different than the dreamer that asks more than the market will bare.

Wow that's pretty interesting and allot of work for someone to go through to set all that up.

Caveat emptor...

I think asking outrageous prices is stupid but who are we to tell a private property holder what he can sell his property for? is that freedom?

This is my personal opinion and not forum opinion or policy. I personally think the market should decide.

I remember when this happened about a year ago. The big "ban" scare on the saiga 12s drove prices up to unrealistic levels. I also remember threads started ("say no to price gougers"..... Ring any bells trlsmn) with links for the saiga 12s that were at realistic prices. I also remember praising you (as did other members) for trying to keep prices down and not buy into the ban scare. In my eyes, it worked out great. We, as a firearm community, squashed the whole price gouging on the saiga 12s.

With that said, I do believe the mods do need to step in on peoples crazy prices they are asking for their guns. Remember people, this is a private forum and for the most part your 1A doesn't apply here. If you dont like the fact that people are trying to keep prices down then it's your right to go advertise somewhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top