JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering the opinions of members on here (because im sure you all have seen it) what is with people selling rifles,handguns at outrages prices? i have seen individuals (not on this forum,well maybe) trying to sell a used...hello a used!! WASR 10 or 10\63 or what ever the make for $1200!!! whats that? sorry but it the same thing on Craigs list with people trying to sell a 92 Honda prelude for $5000 or more because they put a cool air filter and rims on the car. come on people one can not sell something USED for a new or outrages price im sorry... idk but what you put into the object money wise that's your prob don't take it out on me by trying to over charge... Anyways my point of this rant is i come on here and other forums to find deals but if everyone is going to over charge like the a holes at the guns shows then whats the point? can someone explain this madness to me...please :p

If you are willing to pay the price, buy it. if you think the price is too high, move on, either some one else will buy it, or it won't sell. In that case the seller may lower the price or keep it up and just wait.
If you think this is somewhere to come to find desperate sellers you can take advantage of you are probably wrong.
You can find decent priced deals here, if you keep your eyes open. If you check once a week and don't find any deals, well that's your fault.

You sound like a petulant child.

a lot of people have tried to "tackle" this with no changes........if ya don't like it, don't buy it! simple! But don't count everyone out, there are still some good deals out there. Good luck!

It is a bit insulting, isn't it? They wasted your time with their nonsense, all in the hope that they could snag a sucker.

When I was day-trading equities, I was amazed to see the offers to buy some random issue at $0.01, or to sell at $999.99. They were hoping for a fat-fingered accident, I suppose. I wonder if they ever scored?

Sort of like the guys who spend their lives on a barstool hoping for easy meat, while the rest of us are out working for a living.

It was just a observation on people and privet sales either on here or other places and on guns and\or other objects. btw i do move on if i don't care for the deals i was just wondering other opinions on this subject. also i don't come on here to take advantage of people but i do come on here to find fair deals and i know not ever one is not like this because im not...yay so Coop44 thanks for the jab but you might want to get off of the comp and hit up the bar before last call my friend :p

It's more a panic symptom of someone who's probably financially over their head due to personal mismanagement or failure to plan properly like an adult and thinking that they have an easy out with panic buyers now that the election is over. And maybe they're right. Or maybe they're dummies. It could be a little bit of "all of the above."

Ultimately, best to ignore them and let them bump their posts in a panic every couple of days until some sense of reality sets in.

This is what inflation looks like. You may find something at the uninflated price or you may find it at a price greater than what it originally sold for due to inflation. I have 30-06 Remington Core-lokt that I paid $6.99 per box for that sells for $19.75 now. That's nearly a two hundred percent increase. So many things have doubled or tripled or more, it's unreal.

Sharks...They circle when blood is in the water..Those of us who saw this on the horizon have no worries...Keep looking, what they are asking and what folks are paying are two different things...Don't panic..stay calm..it will all work out in the end...

The issue is the board encourages price gouging by allowing blatantly overpriced items to be listed. Until that changes just keep sorting through.

And who decides at whst point something is blatantly overpriced?
I personally just roll my eyes when I see the prices for the Saiga shotguns. You will not see me paying $1000+ for a stamped sheet metal junk just because it's magazine fed.
However, I move on and if some other sap buys it, then it was worth the price to someone.
It's called a "free market", which seems to be a concept lost on too many people these days.

Common sense? The guy selling $500 Pap's for $1k, $600 AR's for $1500, etc. No one cares about people trying to get "top dollar", that's just looking for the right buyer. But the people that are asking triple the value and mislead in their ads to try and score an idiot- well i think there should be some moderation but flip side it's also the buyers job to do their homework.

And who decides at whst point something is blatantly overpriced?
I personally just roll my eyes when I see the prices for the Saiga shotguns. You will not see me paying $1000+ for a stamped sheet metal junk just because it's magazine fed.
However, I move on and if some other sap buys it, then it was worth the price to someone.
It's called a "free market", which seems to be a concept lost on too many people these days.

If a price is too high then don't buy the item.

But I can understand why some people get upset. If people continue to ask outragous prices for the items it does give our community a bad reputation does it not?

It could be "defensive measures" for the low-ballers who frequent internet marketplaces. Anything I have ever offered on CL at a extreme discount price has STILL been met with counter "offers" that imply I am a desperate, unemployed meth-addict who needs money for my Mom's mortgage before the bank forecloses. When in reality, I just don't need the item as much as I thought I did. Then, they act like it's worthy of even further discount if they have to drive to my neighborhood to get the item they want. As far as this forum, if the price is high and the seller is interested in selling, eventually they will drop them to reasonable prices or simply not sell it. If you see something you can get brand new for cheaper, then GET IT brand new.

this is good, maybe the mods should consider this issue.
Yes Yes I am having great vissions here, Joe could hire full time administrators to oversee the classifieds,humm ah yes yes we could have a small fee if you will pay for them we will call it a tax. Hurray no more gouging. Humm you know it really isnt all that fair to just set a flat fee to pay for this "war on gouging" lets hire an lawyer and design a tax law to govern and collect these taxes. My first idea is all members should be able to afford a premium weapon, we could charge the members who earn more a higher tax to help the less fortunate? Hurray. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top