JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love it. Trans Ocean imitation lobster and crab is what me and my dog like. If I crack open a bag he's right in front of me giving me the sad eyes until I start tossing him chunks. But he likes broccoli too. You can find some other imported brands at the Asian grocery stores. Some are really outstanding. High in protein, low in carbs.

I don't eat Broccori, so neither does the dog. But she (mini-poodle) does like cooked Brussels Sprouts with butter and a bit of seasoned salt. :)

How is that any better than Jack n the Box ot Taco Bell $1menu? By the way, I don't even think french frys make that menu? Hmm.

Is it just me? ...... I LOVE garbage food, but sometime in the last few years Jack in the Crack Taco meat became even more rank... to the point of being inedible, even for a garbage gut like me. I USED to order $4 worth... not anymore!!

As I think about my R.L. experience the other day, they advertised Maine Lobster in the description of my order.
I grew up in the Northeast and I kinda know what cold water lobster looks like.
What I got was too narrow to be a Maine Lobster tail....more like Calamari.
They even had it butterflied to make it appear wider and the meat was sparse. Not a nice chunk of meat like the real thing.

Even a "Chicken Lobster" (1.5 - 2.0lb Maine Lobster) would have been much bigger than this.

Mexican lobsters are very small...

Sorry bout the excessive posting, so sue me... ;)

My wife loves seafood. We prefer to eat at the Coast in the small places where at least the food is closer to whats caught ;) the Sea Hag is one place we like. Mo's have excellent NE style clam chowder and grilled cheese sandwiches with Tillamook cheese... have not yet tried the Depot in Albany, although prices seems a bit high for such a small place.

The Tea Room in Brookings and Kaufmanns Mkt (Mennonite)in La Grande both have fabulous NE clam chowder. But if you like Mo's you probably wouldn't like theirs. :p:p:p;)

We eat at Pier One in Lincoln City... best clams around, and at Sporthaven Fish N Chips in Brookings (made from fresh "catch of the day" right off the boats each day... the Lingcod is to die for!!)

I was Haked, I tell ya !

Haked-off, you mean? Well, don't go off half Haked!!!

I had long wondered what Chinese "subgum" was as listed on the menus. Here's what today's google-fu turned up: "
What Is Subgum Chow Mein? | Reference.com
https://www.reference.com/world-view/subgum-chow-mein-4bafcb5fa28bdccb
Subgum chow mein is a Chinese dish consisting of stir-fried vegetables and meat served over crunchy noodles. The key to a subgum dish is that it contains a wide variety of protein, such as chicken, beef, pork or shrimp. The vegetables used in a chow mein are usually celery, carrots and water chestnuts."

Where's the fish in this dish... I thinked we was talkin bout fishies???

Pro Tip...
Go to where the locals go.

Brookings harbor (used to be a local). And fresh tuna or cocktail shrimp off the commercial boats.

Brookings harbor (used to be a local). And fresh tuna or cocktail shrimp off the commercial boats.
Alas, now I am a fully ordained Land Lubber many hours drive time from these places.
Excuse me now while I go shoot that 'possum I'm spyin'.

:p

Alas, now I am a fully ordained Land Lubber many hours drive time from these places.
Excuse me now while I go shoot that 'possum I'm spyin'.

Possum just called in a peeper!!! :eek::eek:

BTW, guys like you probably like cram chowda from Mo's... LOL, take THAT @CamoDeafie!!! :p;):D

Ya have any creeks, rivers, lakes nearby? Crawfish boils? Trout pate? Bass ? Catfish on a plank? :p

I dummo bout DD, but I sho do! We have Catherine Creek, lots of local ponds, Grande Ronde River, Wallowa River, Minam River, Eagle Creek, and a zillion lakes out in the countryside within 2hr drive. We gots crawdaddies (Chetco R. in Brookings has scads of them), we gots a ton of trout (my wife don't like it fresh anymore so I smoked it when I was still buying a license), we got's largemouth and smallmouth bass (my absolute favorite fish to eat), we got crappies in the lakes (the ones at Brownlee can get dinner plate sized in the spring, by summer they are back down to pansized), and we got Catfish feeds in one of the diners in the city of Union (we got so many catfish, both in Catherine Creek sloughs, bullheads, but esp the impounds of Snake R are well known for catfish... they got channel cats there. Some going to 60lbs.) :D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top