Reactions

Legs

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2018
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2020
I *so* miss Ming's Dynasty on Washington (IIRC, that was the street).
Haven't been in a long time, but at Kwan's in Salem, order off menu and you can get some genuine Cantonese. Had no idea how good and genuine it was until I spent several weeks in Shanghai.
I'll give you a recommendation if you are ever going I-5 through Kalama Washingington. So there is a critic page for Chinese restaurants, and they have a "Top 100" Chinese restaurants in North America. Let's face it, must be like 45,000 of them in our part of the hemisphere, but lo and behold, one of the top 100 is in the small burg of Kalama, right on I-5. The Lucky Dragon... What can I say. It is a great place to dine on Chinese. The top 100 designation is well deserved. I have indulged a bunch there. Fine service and food... at a very reasonable price.

Last edited:

Stomper

Reactions
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2018
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Howdy Y'all
I *so* miss Ming's Dynasty on Washington (IIRC, that was the street).
Haven't been in a long time, but at Kwan's in Salem, order off menu and you can get some genuine Cantonese. Had no idea how good and genuine it was until I spent several weeks in Shanghai.

FYI- The old guy who owned Kwan’s died and the family decided to shut the place down. Marco Polo is just about the only place in Salem that I know of for decent Chinese food.

cigars

Reactions
Canned calamari?! Good crap that’s got to taste nasty
Walmart carries spiced calamari, canned. Also comes non-spiced. It's imported from Spain. Best danged stuff ever!! I it's in the tuna section. Not expensive either.
Edit: pic

IMG_20200329_210209.jpg

Last edited:
OP
DirectDrive

DirectDrive

Reactions
Tonight my wife ate the leftovers !
She loved it !

She is getting a new Glock 43 in a few days so I plan on keeping my mouth shut for a good long time.

:)

P7id10T

Reactions
FYI- The old guy who owned Kwan’s died and the family decided to shut the place down. Marco Polo is just about the only place in Salem that I know of for decent Chinese food.
Yah, I read about Kam San Kwan's death. I thought the kids and grand kids would run it.
Someone probably offered buckets of Yuen, and that's a no-brainer. Running a restaurant is hard.

cigars

Reactions
I would have to say that if the scallops were indeed fake but you really enjoyed them, what's the problem? However, if you know your scallops and definitely know that something was funky, then call out the restaurant. Scallops have a variety of textures from slightly chewy to buttery smooth. If they are overcooked, they can get downright chewy or have the flavor cooked out of them. If you want a treat, order some as sushi from a quality Japanese restaurant. They will melt in your mouth.

Reactions
A few yrs ago I was diving in The Channel Islands. At about 90', I find a nice large scallop in the rocks. I pull out my knife, wedged the scallop out of the rocks, opened it up, and wiped the guts away.
I take a breath, pull my regulator outta my mouth and pop in the fresh scallop...

MAN! What a treat! Sweet and so tender that it melted in my mouth!

sobo

Reactions
Prolly neither, it scurried in the gutter and hid in the corner. You sure that's pork in your "pork fried rice" ?
Doesn't stop me from going for Chinese or Phó.
Had BBQ'ed rat-on-a-stick in Saigon about 20 years ago. Right outta one of those street vendor push carts. Delicious.
He had dog and cat, too!

sobo

Reactions
Seriously brother, dog, cat, bat, rat and a host of other questionable proteins are common fair in China. No stretch of the imagination to understand Chinese/American cooks are still carrying on with the Old Country recipes...
Reader board outside Chinese restaurant:

COME IN! NEW MENU ITEMS!
AND NO, WE NO SEE YOUR CAT!

wewaits

Reactions
back in the 70s old downtown PDX had "Hung Far Low".....pretty decent at the time...now long gone
Hung Far Low had a great bar but pretty bad food. We used to go to the bar after everything else closed, they poured a stiff drink. Jumbos at the bottom of Johnson Creek still does the same thing.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent service
  • 36 Pit
    3.00 star(s)
    I'm probably just reiterating what others have said, but I like hearing (seeing) myself speak. This gets 3 stars because when the place isn't...
  • Cascade Loan & Sporting Goods
    3.00 star(s)
    I am giving this review because at one time I was a really big customer there. Back in the day, I bought at least a dozen used guns from Cascade...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    1.00 star(s)
    Took the day off today to go see my cancer Dr in Potland and stopped by Cabelas on the way back to work. They were open an hour early (9:00) for...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    3.00 star(s)
    My review is from a visit I made to Cabela's at the start of May 2020. I was there strictly to shop for a Pietta black powder revolver. Because...
Top Bottom