JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.45 vs 9mm is basically apples to oranges, as far as why the Military and FBI are going back and fourth on this is basically the same BS civilians do, it comes down to cost vs hype.

IMHO, it takes three 9mm shots to equal one .45 auto , so that may imply that 8 rounds of.45 auto
is ,in terms of fire power, equal to 24 rounds of 9mm. I think I'll stick with my 1911 8 round .45.

.......................... Jack
Actually if you look at the tests,the 45acp isn't that much more effective a round (this guy is a pro not a you tube hack,btw:https: //www.youtube.com/user/BrassFetcher ),so with the way most people shoot during shoot outs or defense situations, 9mm nay just be the better round.

they finally invented 10mm Auto to end the handgun thing didn't they ?
That's why I have a 10mm pistol:rolleyes:
.45 vs 9mm is basically apples to oranges, as far as why the Military and FBI are going back and fourth on this is basically the same BS civilians do, it comes down to cost vs hype.
The military shoots what the best salesman tells them they should shoot,not necessarily the best caliber

Stopping power .45acp is good.
Accuracy of almost anyone handling any make 1911 is usually good.
The one pistol I have ever picked up and it felt like it belonged in my hand immediately, as with anyone who has handled mine.
Weight would be the only issue for spec ops people I would guess?
I would say just those simple things make it a great choice.
I have seen a lot of instances in print where the 1911 gets modern love :)
Of course I am biased. lol
Ballistic wise I like .40 sw

I like the 1911 very much. But, I carry a wonder-9 on duty simply because I go from carrying 41 rounds to carrying 86 without increasing the number of magazine changes.

You don't feel comfy with "only" 41 rounds?????

Mag changes or not, I would think anyone in LE with backup normally available, would not feel ungunned with the possibility they may need to change mags once...........or MAYBE 2x.

Just asking:D:D:D:D

From the terminal ballistics reports we've seen from the FBI, one shot stops appear to be more related to shot placement than cartridge. 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP all had one-shot stop rates between 61% and 63%.

That being said, I work in a big rural county and we run into some strange situations in the sticks where suppressive fire could be a valuable tactic when trying to fight toward a vehicle with a rifle.

there is hype in the gun biz? wow that's news to me, I thought everything I read on the internet was true! It has to be or "they" wouldn't let it be put up here, right?

seriously it has to do with the definition of firepower, different people see it different ways.

Last Edited:
there is hype in the gun biz? wow that's news to me, I thought everything I read on the internet was true! It has to be or "they" wouldn't let it be put up here, right?

seriously it has to do with the definition of firepower, different people see it different ways.
way to reiterate. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top