JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check out this fully functioning Colt Woodsman that was listed and sold on eBay. The seller had zero feedback, so this was either a scam or someone got an illegal deal. Probably shipped it straight to the buyer via USPS without going thru an FFL either. Someone got eBay.com mixed up with GunBroker.com. The guy actually showed a nice clear pic of the serial number.

Colt Woodsman Sport 1st series's 1942 ( missing Grip). | eBay

Last Edited:
Surprised the people who watch for this stuff managed to miss this for that long. Shows it was available for either local pick up or shipping so who knows. If the winner really did send the seller the money would be interesting to hear what happened after. PP would be crapping themselves when they found out they were used for this if they were.

I used to buy disassembled (complete) guns on eBay a lot. Mostly LC Smith doubles (my main interest at the time) Sometimes they were sold in several lots so once you were committed, you had to buy them all.

I used to buy disassembled (complete) guns on eBay a lot. Mostly LC Smith doubles (my main interest at the time) Sometimes they were sold in several lots so once you were committed, you had to buy them all.

I have over the years seen a lot of parts sold there that used to slip through. As of last few years, ever since that one kook used mags bought off them, they have had people who search for and flag stuff like this. What shocked me about this one was not only the picture that clearly showed what it was but the description. I have seen them pull adds that were not in violation of their terms only due to the words used in the description. Someone there really fell asleep at the switch that they let this one go for a week and no one caught it. It would be interesting to know if the buyer actually got the gun or not.

Man, I put an airsoft gun up for sale on Ebay once and had the Ebay PoPo on my azz in 15 minutes. You can apparently buy airsoft there, but you can't sell unless you're one of their approved 'vendors'. And they said they had enough already :confused:

I bought a Bersa Thunder from Craigslist once...
AD just said
Bersa Thunder $80
It was the last gun I purchased, and sold pre-594
All I had to do was cold blue the slide, and I made $200
stupid 594!

AD just said
Bersa Thunder $80
stupid 594!

Before the BGC law a co worker used to find a lot of gun ads on CL. They of course did not have a pic and the description was written to make it hard for the people who police the site to catch. Kind of like ebay and the normal cap mags. When the great ban was looking like it would sunset I unloaded a lot of them on ebay. Careful wording and pics. Made a killing off them. A few times and ad got flagged and pulled, I would just re word it and run it again until they all sold. Had to turn away a few buyers in states that did not allow them.

Well, lets see. Against eBay "no firearms" policy, Against PayPal "no payment for firearms" policy. If seller wasn't an FFL, illegal to ship handgun through USPS policy, hello Postal Inspectors. Against Federal law "buying firearm online and having it shipped directly to me, no 4473 FFL transfer involved" policy, hello BATF. Minor annoyances and details. Perfectly legit.

Last Edited:
AD just said
Bersa Thunder $80
stupid 594!

Have never found a firearm on CL but have found a few parts. Down here you look closely at the "airsoft" postings on Letgo. LOL, I have found several "5.56 cal Airsoft rifle" and a couple "7.62 Airsoft". That's how I picked up one of my CETME's;)

Well, lets see. Against eBay "no firearms" policy, Against PayPal "no payment for firearms" policy. If seller wasn't an FFL, illegal to ship handgun through USPS policy, hello Postal Inspectors. Against Federal law "buying firearm online and having it shipped directly to me, no 4473 FFL transfer involved" policy, hello BATF. Minor annoyances and details. Perfectly legit.

Yet no one will likely do anything. Cause why enforce firearm laws when you can just use the situation as propaganda to ban all firearms. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top