JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Even he, back in 1989, was using the term "assault rifles". He used this in his description of "The FBI Miami Shootout" in his column for Jan-Feb 1989 in American Handgunner.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Greatest self promoter since P.T. Barnum. Finest gunfighter that's never been in a gunfight. Expert in all things and teacher of many things. Demigod to many. However, Im not a fan. He got his " experience " out of books, same as me. Reserve cop in a one horse town does not count as much as the many, many thousands of guys currently on the street with genuine armed combat experience, i.e. middle east, afghanistan. He pimps whatever makes him money. Of course Im a jealous nobody Im told, so why listen to me? People generally get upset when I dont speak favorably about him. I just dont see why everyone is so impressed by him.

Greatest self promoter since P.T. Barnum. Finest gunfighter that's never been in a gunfight. Expert in all things and teacher of many things. Demigod to many. However, Im not a fan. He got his " experience " out of books, same as me. Reserve cop in a one horse town does not count as much as the many, many thousands of guys currently on the street with genuine armed combat experience, i.e. middle east, afghanistan. He pimps whatever makes him money. Of course Im a jealous nobody Im told, so why listen to me? People generally get upset when I dont speak favorably about him. I just dont see why everyone is so impressed by him.

Well, he's a personal friend of mine, I just wrote the foreword to his book about the Trayvon Martin case, and I'd go down a dark alley or through a door with him anytime. We've shot together, broken bread together and he has an incredibly keen sense for evidence and detail. I've heard the stuff before that you're saying. If you ever get charged in a shooting, you'd bless his butt if he came to your defense.

Well, he's a personal friend of mine, I just wrote the foreword to his book about the Trayvon Martin case, and I'd go down a dark alley or through a door with him anytime. We've shot together, broken bread together and he has an incredibly keen sense for evidence and detail. I've heard the stuff before that you're saying. If you ever get charged in a shooting, you'd bless his butt if he came to your defense.

I'd sure want him on my team on the ground or in court!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Finest gunfighter that's never been in a gunfight.

The best gunfight is the one you can avoid. Sounds successful to me. He teaches a lot of situational awareness and information about the legal consequences of your actions. IMHO his advise is more valuable than many of the "fool rush in" hot heads on youtube.

Yep, it's true. One of the most sought-after professional witnesses in the country, the guy who was doing the hard work of ESTABLISHING good techniques and equipment for civilian self-defense before a lot of people reading this were born, A guy who TODAY, is sought after by the best trainers in the business I know of, the guy who has been a reserve police officer longer than a lot of our regular posters have been sucking air has, on occasion, been wrong.

Yep, what a goober. It's all been hype for over 30 years. He's NEVER had a valid thing to say. He doesn't understand the realities of self-defense law either. -That's why the TX Bar Association Firearms Law forum just had him as a guest speaker. Along with defense lawyers involved in self-defense from about every major organization you can name.

Yep, it's all bunkum. Thank god for helpful comments like this from REAL experts who are so widely recognized in the field.

I have met him and he is a genuine human being. Completely unpretentious.

Of course Im a jealous nobody Im told, so why listen to me?

You just convinced me.

People generally get upset when I dont speak favorably about him. I just dont see why everyone is so impressed by him.

Because your remarks wreak of jealousy and probably because he is everything you're not. It may be quite cliché but I'd wager that you would have to improve just to be a pimple on his butt.

I've dealt with Mas in personal correspondence, and he's given me a lot of valuable advice in developing my own defense plans while asking in return only that I share what I learn with others, as he in turn benefited from people like Jeff Cooper and Bill Jordan giving of their own knowledge.

Like Dave, even though mine has been entirely e-mail and various gun-boards, I consider it a privilege to call the man a friend and mentor, and for those who recall my "break-in wake-up call" earlier this year I credit some of the lessons I learned from him for the success of my response.

I read In the Gravest Extreme and The Truth about Self Defense.
Both were excellent and Intelligently written.
He was up at Tri County a few years ago. A good man all the way around.

Isn't this like in high school arguing about who's the best guitar player? it's real simple take what you can use from him, what will benefit you and forget about his pedigree or where he ranks on the hierarchy of 'modern gunslingers'.

Isn't this like in high school arguing about who's the best guitar player?.

Not really. The OP mentioned that Mas had used the term "Assault Rifle." An interesting tidbit.

The next poster alluded that the guy is a total fraud. -A slander on a good man who's fought the hard fight for decades.

The rest have been calling B.S. on that guy.

Who's best, Pinkus or Ayoob or whoever, wasn't even mentioned. We were just calling out the ridiculousness of a slander on a good man. I've had occasional disagreements with Mas Ayoob. I think he's been flat wrong in some cases. But to call the guy a fraud? Ya, people are gonna take serious issue with that one.

Isn't this like in high school arguing about who's the best guitar player? it's real simple take what you can use from him, what will benefit you and forget about his pedigree or where he ranks on the hierarchy of 'modern gunslingers'.

Finally some intelligence :)
But Massad Ayob has been in the fight longer than most here and has actually accomplished very good things.
I will take him at my back anytime.

The entire argument is azzenine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews