JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been to MULITPLE demo shoot with many many police depts where they shoot full autos and silenced weapons. We even have video of several LE officers as well as police chiefs shooting with silencers on guns right along side us in this state. There is no exemption for LE according to RCW 9.41.250.

Sorry but I do not agree with you at all. So even though I am fully within my rights to do something, I shouldn't? Maybe I should never carry a gun at all, because although most police officers know that concealed and open carry are both perfectly legal in our state, just knowing that some officers are against the legal carry of firearms by otherwise law abiding citezens, I should leave it at home to protect myself against the harrassment of an unedjucated LE?

One of the benefits of the WA state suppressor law is that companies that make tactical gear in the area like to have them on their weapons to simulate "tac" situations or make it look cooler to sell their products. So what you are saying is that a silencer, legally owned by a corporation, should not be taken with, attatched to guns to venders to display everything from flash hiders to slings and flashlight mounts?

Maybe you should call PWS or Tactical Link and tell them not to use their displays to help sell products. See how that goes for you.

just because you've been with some LE persons shooting suppressed weapons by no means makes it legal in WA. just means that the LE didn't think it illegal enough to do something about it. i bet those same corporations take those same guns with suppressors mounted to them to public shooting places on weekends without company reps and whatnot with them too? displaying a suppressor mounted to a weapon in a show of some sort is completely different than your average citizen taking his suppressor to a local shooting spot where he at least plans on shooting weapons.
there are also many thousands of cases across the country involving open carry, concealed carry, and any other kind of carry where the weapons are confiscated, the person is arrested, or harrassed in some way shape of form by some LE that isn't completely educated about the laws conerning it.

like it or not you as a private citizen with a legally owned(but completely illegal to use within the state) suppressor are inviting trouble upon yourself by taking said suppressor with you while plinking, target shooting or whatever

and as a side note, the LEO's are mainly involved with enforcing WA law correct? so if they themselves are participating in what could potentially be an illegal act it makes it no more legal(or illegal for that matter) for you to participate along with them

just because you've been with some LE persons shooting suppressed weapons by no means makes it legal in WA. just means that the LE didn't think it illegal enough to do something about it. i bet those same corporations take those same guns with suppressors mounted to them to public shooting places on weekends without company reps and whatnot with them too? displaying a suppressor mounted to a weapon in a show of some sort is completely different than your average citizen taking his suppressor to a local shooting spot where he at least plans on shooting weapons.
there are also many thousands of cases across the country involving open carry, concealed carry, and any other kind of carry where the weapons are confiscated, the person is arrested, or harrassed in some way shape of form by some LE that isn't completely educated about the laws conerning it.

like it or not you as a private citizen with a legally owned(but completely illegal to use within the state) suppressor are inviting trouble upon yourself by taking said suppressor with you while plinking, target shooting or whatever

and as a side note, the LEO's are mainly involved with enforcing WA law correct? so if they themselves are participating in what could potentially be an illegal act it makes it no more legal(or illegal for that matter) for you to participate along with them

Understood. My point was more if it is illegal for all of us, and I have them on video doing it, how can they attempt to prosocute me and not themselves?

Unfortunately this situation points out that it is not a great idea to test the laws since.
A) You know the laws and stayed within them.
B) You didn't know that someone with a little more power(on the spot) and a little less knowledge would come by.

I hope you get your cans back and it doesn't cost you any cash, or more time than it has.
Its great to see the support for your rights from many of the board members and especially Coctailer.
All the best:s0155:

After reading this entire thread I have a question, if silencers are legal to own in WA but illegal to use. Whats the point of owning one?? Just because??

I was interested in getting one for my 22's but if I cant legally use it, whats the point??

After reading this entire thread I have a question, if silencers are legal to own in WA but illegal to use. Whats the point of owning one?? Just because??

I was interested in getting one for my 22's but if I cant legally use it, whats the point??

If you are willing to drive across the border to Oregon, and I believe Idaho, you can shoot them in those states.

Because OR and ID aren't far away.

Also (I'm assuming) the law was easier to pass about usage than possession. Lawmakers are smart about how to get their agenda passed in the most inconspicuous way possible.

I chatted with an agent with the ATF just now. He said to call Snoho Sheriff and ask the officer's supervisor when you can stop by to get your cans.

He said to ask what documentation the Sheriff needs to see from you.

If you have any issues getting it back from them call Seattle ATF at 206-389-6800.

Wow, thank you coctailer. Its reassuring to know that although there was one guy willing to ruin a fun day of shooting (the person who called the police), there are literally dozens of fellow shooters willing to show their support.

Thanks to everyone. I will let you know how it turns out.

Wow, thank you coctailer. Its reassuring to know that although there was one guy willing to ruin a fun day of shooting (the person who called the police), there are literally dozens of fellow shooters willing to show their support.

Thanks to everyone. I will let you know how it turns out.

I would like to go to the place you were shooting and bring my machine guns.

I did it once here in Vancouver (The English Pit Shooting Range)
The fudds in there were freaking out:s0114::s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads