JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Representatives Finn and Pedersen have both agreed to meet with me to discuss bill 1604. They have not set a date though. The best thing we can do for now is to write to the people on the Judiciary committee, especially Pedersen. No one else maters right now. Unless Pedersen allows the bill to get a hearing, it will never make it out of committee to the House for a vote.

As far as I know, no one on the Judiciary committee has received much e-mail about bill 1604. This needs to change or else we will never be able to use our silencers in WA.

Ranb

I just posted my draft letter in the NFA forum. Although maybe I should have posted it in legal and political. Anyway, please let me know what you think.

The OP mentioned a couple of times in this thread that they never used the suppressors nor did they intend to. I'm thinking that somewhere along the line you are going to have to answer the question...If you had no INTENT to use them, then why did you have them with you while shooting? As much as you would rather not have to get a lawyer, this is a question they could help answer or dodge.

Personally, if I had suppressor(s) with me while shooting, I know I would at the very least be tempted, so the intent question is one you should prepare for. At least I think so.:s0131:

ATF would not have approved the form four had it put the person in violation of state law. In WA you can own as many silencers as you can afford. You can do anything you want with them, up to and including screwing them on to the end of your barrel. The only Washington crime associated with a suppressor is that it is a gross misdemeanor to "USE" the device.

There is no violation of "intent", only USE. The AG has determined that placing a legally owned suppressor onto your firearm does NOT constitute USE. You must fire the gun with suppressor attached to have committed the misdemeanor. One could argue that mere possession shows "INTENT" to use. That means you’re in violation the day the suppressor is transferred to you from the dealer.

Buying alcohol is not intent to commit drunk driving; legally owning a suppressor is not intent to "USE" it.

Last, since the use is a misdemeanor, it must have been committed in the officer’s presence.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top