JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Opinion | Guns — When Trump Can't Even Tweet

"Maybe not, but you can definitely try to disarm evil. A super-modest bill banning bump stocks — the device the Las Vegas killer used to turn the semiautomatic rifles he could buy legally into functional machine guns — was introduced in Congress and then shuffled away. Las Vegas can't ban bump stocks since there's a state law prohibiting municipalities from doing that kind of thing on their own. Nevada is very strict about this, although not nearly as strict as Kentucky, which makes elected officials criminally liable for passing gun-safety laws.

Another super-modest bipartisan bill aimed at beefing up the background check system was introduced after the church shooting in Texas, in which the mass murderer never should have been cleared to buy a gun, even under the stupendously lenient American system. And nothing has happened."

Last Edited:
I still don't believe the weapon used in Vegas was a bump stock equipped
gun & there is no proof that it was anyway.

Right now We are in a very 'free' period, gun ownership is at an all-time high
and look around, even marijuana is becoming 'legal'-- it's a sign of personal freedom expanding.

Again, blaming the tools that are used instead of the humans using them.

and look around, even marijuana is becoming 'legal'-- it's a sign of personal freedom expanding.

I love my freedoms in Wa. while its not turned into Kalifornication, yet...:mad:

States only let MJ be legal so it can be regulated & taxed to the max.

If only they would focus thier attention on big Pharma whom are responsible for incalculable deaths including a large portion of those blamed on guns... By pushing drugs on to patients that they may not be right for, Releasing drugs with worse side effects than positive effect, withholding cures in favor of selling monthly prescription too treat symptoms, and driving up the cost of healthcare by charging rediculous amounts of money for thier products... But Big pharma lines the pockets of politicians, and the media profits through ad revenue... so unfortunately the sheep will never get led to that pasture.
An unarmed, unhealthy population hooked on soul numbing happy pills is easy to manipulate.

Another super-modest bipartisan bill aimed at beefing up the background check system was introduced after the church shooting in Texas, in which the mass murderer never should have been cleared to buy a gun, even under the stupendously lenient American system. And nothing has happened.

I just don't get why they are trying to pass new laws around this when the guy lied in order to pass his background check in the first place.
Where is the sense in passing more laws that affect those who follow the law when those who break the same laws just keep breaking them?

Maybe not, but you can definitely try to disarm evil.
Herin lies the scapegoat, the classic handoff and the sidestep of the left - 'you can TRY'. I read the word 'try' in most (if not all) posted rantings by antis. So if someone 'tries' - and fails - then the left believes they 'succeeded' because someone 'tried' and they all feel good about it - and round and round it goes.....

Last Edited:
It's an opinion piece -- preaching to her mentally ill choir. No news here. For context, another article title by the same opinionist...
Hillary Lost, but the Future Is Hers

I just don't get why they are trying to pass new laws around this when the guy lied in order to pass his background check in the first place.

Because if the information from the Air Force HAD been in the system, then the lie would have been caught.

Getting data into NICS benefits everyone and we should absolutely do it.

Same with reciprocity.

Just out of curiosity, did you disagree with the police report that was released last week? Very detailed list of what he used and what guns he shot with - and bump stocks were among those listed.

Regardless of what he used, more bans on equipment is pure BS. They can't track them anyway since they are unregistered and don't have serial numbers. Short of trying to track purchase records or finding someone with one on their person, it's really an unenforceable law.

If only they would focus thier attention on big Pharma whom are responsible for incalculable deaths including a large portion of those blamed on guns... By pushing drugs on to patients that they may not be right for,

There is something to this ^^^ for sure.

Why is the opioid crisis a "public health" problem and mass shootings are treated by the left as a gun problem? Aren't mass shooting also a public health problem? In my experience normal people don't generally wake up with a burning desire to shoot up a bunch of unarmed strangers. Lots of whack jobs running around brains partially fried by years of pill use and nobody has the guts to confront the real issue.

Where is the sense in passing more laws that affect those who follow the law when those who break the same laws just keep breaking them?

They "in power" don't care. They are in elite power positions and they want Americans disarmed so they can get absolute power. They will do, say and pass any law that gets them one-step closer to disarming Americans. Only they will have firearms and be protected by those with firearms (private security, military, etc.). Once they can get the law-abiding citizens unarmed they will go after the "criminals" with full military force - up to, and including, deadly force.

I give America no more than 50 years and we will be in another Revolution.

If you banned all firearms in the US today within a week we would have another mass shooting. It is like Openheimer said " the genie is out of the bottle you cannot just pit it back in" I am a strong believer in guns because those that wish to do my family and I harm believe in them and have no qualms about using them.
It's ironic that the criminals and the law abiding 2nd amendment citizens both believe in guns and don't want the other team to have them.

I agree, however am hoping not. It will be brutal & bloody. Likely the end to the greatest nation on earth.

What do they say..... No Democratic society has ever lasted more than 200 years without crumbling? Look where we are now.

I agree, the alternative to what we have now is unthinkable. :(

If only they would focus thier attention on big Pharma whom are responsible for incalculable deaths including a large portion of those blamed on guns... By pushing drugs on to patients that they may not be right for, Releasing drugs with worse side effects than positive effect, withholding cures in favor of selling monthly prescription too treat symptoms, and driving up the cost of healthcare by charging rediculous amounts of money for thier products... But Big pharma lines the pockets of politicians, and the media profits through ad revenue... so unfortunately the sheep will never get led to that pasture.
An unarmed, unhealthy population hooked on soul numbing happy pills is easy to manipulate.

Wah, wah, wah.

Nobody "hooked" me on Vicodin. My doctor prescribes it for episodes of acute pain. It is not prescribed to me for daily use and it is NOT pushed on me by big pharma. Thank goodness for them to have provided Vicodin to the market because my life would be HELL without it.

Let's keep to firearms shall we???

Last Edited:
Wah, wah, wah.

Nobody "hooked" me on Vicodin. My doctor prescribes is for episodes of acute pain. It is not prescribed to me for daily use and it is NOT pushed on me by big pharma. Thank goodness for them to have provided Vicodin to the market because my life would be HELL without it.

Let's keep to firearms shall we???
IMO it is firearm related... many of the shooters that make the news are later found to be off thier meds or on a cocktail of chemicals.
It's not Opiod pain meds that I'm referring to... It would be hypocritical of me to do so. Happy pills to me are the over prescribed anti depressants that are pushed on anybody that will take them.
Ive gone to a pain clinic since my run in with a log truck 6 years ago, and without my pain meds I'd be bed ridden. Taken responsibility as prescribed they are not the problem. But like guns, the media highlights the abusers, and gives them a bad rep.. like guns, the minority of irresponsible abusers, making the majority of responsible folks pay for thier atrocities. And big pharma wants us off opiods for pain management, and on something more expensive, less effective, and full of deadly side effects. EG.. Vioxx an NSAID pain reliever responsible for at least 30,000 deaths in 5 years before removed from the market.

Last Edited:
Just out of curiosity, did you disagree with the police report that was released last week? Very detailed list of what he used and what guns he shot with - and bump stocks were among those listed.

Regardless of what he used, more bans on equipment is pure BS. They can't track them anyway since they are unregistered and don't have serial numbers. Short of trying to track purchase records or finding someone with one on their person, it's really an unenforceable law.

I didn't read the lies the police wrote, but I did listen to the recording of the shots fired and I still think a belt-fed weapon was used since mag changes don't regularly take place, as they would have on a bump-stock equipped weapon

Hillarys-Turn.jpg
My favorite success story.:p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top