JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oakland has been Chiraq West since the 70s.... It's a NO GO territory.

There was a poll done of big chity police chiefs done at one time, and this "no guns" attitude was pretty prevalent. This was when chiefs and sheriffs of big chitty/county wouldn't approve carry permits, until the laws were changed and they were forced to do so. It was amazing to me at the time to find out that police were against citizens having firearms and protecting themselves, but not anymore.

"Lil lady there, you don't want a firearm in your home. A criminal is just going to take it away and kill you with it."

Remember those sayings???
I do. It's when I decided that the Chief's primary duty is not to the People but to the Mayor. It all started to make sense then.

"For the moment, the only person arrested in connection with the attack is the man who stopped it."

I guess this does seem legit for Kalifornya.....

Kinda like the thief that wins a lawsuit against you because he cut himself while climbing into the window that he just broke so he could rob you.

Oakland in 1980 I was stationed at OAK KNOLL NAVAL Hospital just out side Oakland. On one of my first trips into Sanfrancisco on the bus and BART train coming back to the Base we rang the bell on the bus to get off and the drive just kept going. SO of course 4 sailors shouted up "Hey whats the deal you missed our stop" He looks up in the mirror and says sorry but if I let you off there chances are you White boys would have never made it to the Base. I'm taking you up to the next stop where you can get a Taxi to take you into the Base!!! Evidently the area outside the Hospital was not a good place to be White after dark. Lesson learned,

Oakland in 1980 I was stationed at OAK KNOLL NAVAL Hospital just out side Oakland. On one of my first trips into Sanfrancisco on the bus and BART train coming back to the Base we rang the bell on the bus to get off and the drive just kept going. SO of course 4 sailors shouted up "Hey whats the deal you missed our stop" He looks up in the mirror and says sorry but if I let you off there chances are you White boys would have never made it to the Base. I'm taking you up to the next stop where you can get a Taxi to take you into the Base!!! Evidently the area outside the Hospital was not a good place to be White after dark. Lesson learned,
I was lost in D.C. one night and wound up in a sketchy looking area. Really run down, trash everywhere, most of the streetlights out. Without thinking, I stopped at a stop sign for a split second. The taxi behind me hit his horn multiple times and yelled "You don't stop! You don't stop here! Get the hell out of here!" So I did.

USCG had one of their two basic training facilities there. I was there in 1975 and when we had Xmas liberty. We were warned not to stray away from the freeway. Walking while white is/was a serious issue there.

Yea we missed an exit for the Audey Murphy Cowboy museum somewhere in the LA area in my my 66 F-250 we got off the freeway thinking we could just hop back on but there was no direct way to the other side of the freeway and an on ramp like you would expect. We ended up in a place that looked like it would be part of a Spike Lee movie set about gangland stuff. So I wandered around a bit and found a way out. BUT lots of eye balls on that old truck. Good thing it was an automatic I would have hated to let go of that Star Model B in my hand.

I was lost in D.C. one night and wound up in a sketchy looking area. Really run down, trash everywhere, most of the streetlights out. Without thinking, I stopped at a stop sign for a split second. The taxi behind me hit his horn multiple times and yelled "You don't stop! You don't stop here! Get the hell out of here!" So I did.
Hahahahahah I had the same thing happen to me in DC..I had to do some mindless paperwork for my SF/84-85 and had to go to the FBI building, My hotel was up near the Dupont Circle area..I started to walk and had gone only a few blocks when it changed into what looked like fing Marjah..a cabbie pulled over and told me to get in and said white boys dont walk around here lolololol, our nations capital huh.

Hahahahahah I had the same thing happen to me in DC..I had to do some mindless paperwork for my SF/84-85 and had to go to the FBI building, My hotel was up near the Dupont Circle area..I started to walk and had gone only a few blocks when it changed into what looked like fing Marjah..a cabbie pulled over and told me to get in and said white boys dont walk around here lolololol, our nations capital huh.
Pretty easy to get lost in that area. You can take four left turns in a row and not be back where you started.

Yea we missed an exit for the Audey Murphy Cowboy museum somewhere in the LA area in my my 66 F-250 we got off the freeway thinking we could just hop back on but there was no direct way to the other side of the freeway and an on ramp like you would expect. We ended up in a place that looked like it would be part of a Spike Lee movie set about gangland stuff. So I wandered around a bit and found a way out. BUT lots of eye balls on that old truck. Good thing it was an automatic I would have hated to let go of that Star Model B in my hand.

I'm not familiar with that location. But in the early 1970s I worked the greater L.A. Basin with AT&T. Driving to and from work in Compton, Wilmington, Bell Gardens, Gardena, etc, was "interesting" and risky. Roving gangs tried to stop my car, but I wouldn't let them.... shades of things to come later.

I was born in Oakland, East Oakland General Hospital on E 14th. This was prior to Americas involvement, Pearl Harbor, in WW II. My parents moved when I was about a year or so old for a better job opportunity in Pasadena. I still have people in Oakland though I've been in Oregon nearly my entire life. I get back there
every couple of years for a week or so. Driving down E 14th (I believe it's been renamed) is an experience that would take pages to describe and most would think
I'm exaggerating. I'll leave it there.

When I got out of the Army I had a good Army education in electronics behind me and found my skills had decent value in the job market. I took a real good job
in downtown San Francisco, kitty corner across from the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange on Pine street. I could not afford to live in San Fran and went across the bay to Oakland. I got and apartment 3 floors up two blocks off the Nimitz Freeway. That's the one that collapsed during an earthquake.

One fall night late I was sound asleep when I heard it. I initially thought I was back in Vietnam. What was happening was that a militant group, the Black Panthers,
had broke into a National Guard armory and hot wired every vehicle in the place and took off west on the Nimitz Freeway. There were APC's, Tanks and all other kinds of military vehicles. Hundreds of law enforcement people from many agencies were behind them. There was massive gunfire and it seemed forever.
Somewhere as the procession got near the bay bridge it was halted with an ensuing gunfight.

I tell this story because it is typical of Oakland and most of the East Bay.

Generally, there's two ways to make your city's crime stats trend downward...
.... or at least appear to be somewhat stable.

1- make the bad people fear the good people
2- make the good people fear the bad people

Obviously the City of Oakland has chosen to become/remain a big, steaming heap of number 2! :eek:

Last Edited:
Although I created the thread I just saw a news story on FOX about this and they played part of the vid.

This police Chief of Oakland is literally beyond worthless, very low IQ and essentially nothing more than a 'shill' in an LEO uniform. I cannot express my true feelings and disdain for him on this forum.

His attitude and position could suggest he might be, shall we say, receiving additional 'compensation' from someone or somewhere? I mean is there any doubt WHO he is protecting?

A QUALITY Police Chief should have a balanced opinion about the duties of a police force as well as an understanding of the of rights of the citizens with regard to their ownership of firearms and the 2A in general.

He is ONLY repeating something he was told to (or paid) to say.

Last Edited:
"For the moment, the only person arrested in connection with the attack is the man who stopped it."

I guess this does seem legit for Kalifornya.....

Kinda like the thief that wins a lawsuit against you because he cut himself while climbing into the window that he just broke so he could rob you.

Unfortunately it seems to happen a lot that criminals sue others for their injuries

Some testicular injuries in there too :eek:

Although I created the thread I just saw a news story on FOX about this and they played part of the vid.

This police Chief of Oakland is literally beyond worthless, very low IQ and essentially nothing more than a 'shill' in an LEO uniform. I cannot express my true feelings and disdain for him on this forum.

His attitude and position could suggest he might be, shall we say, receiving additional 'compensation' from someone or somewhere? I mean is there any doubt WHO he is protecting?

A QUALITY Police Chief should have a balanced opinion about the duties of a police force as well as an understanding of the of rights of the citizens with regard to their ownership of firearms and the 2A in general.

He is ONLY repeating something he was told to (or paid) to say.

Isn't Oakland the city that the MAYOR told ICE to stuff it when they wanted to do a round up? Sanctuary city. This chief was hired by whomever the mayor is and probably reflects the thoughts and policies of the MAYOR and city council. He's the man they hired, and the man they made.

Did I miss something new? other than the whole world is going wacko.
I just read where Hasbro is renaming Mr. Potato head; "Potato head", cause it was really really offensive the way it was.:confused:
Life is finally gonna be good after this..right?
I wonder if there will be a class action lawsuit for the permanently offended tater tot. That is, squeezed in between the TV ads for asbestos and the folks who lost their hearing while building a better America.

Please Kid, don't call me mister, I'm just a potato to you. (with a few bad spots to boot)

:s0126: Sorry, I got lost:s0142:I was looking for that better America.

Wow I remember visiting my cousins in San Mateo, CA as I kid and my mom took the Richmond/San Rafael bridge over the San Francisco Bay. Richmond was bad in the 1970s with so many boarded up businesses. We safely made it Interstate 80.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top