JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two things come to mind :

A War is too costly in everything that truly matters , for me to use a trendy term.
It dishonors the memory of those who have fought and died in wars past....as well as making light of the reasons why.

Having fought and experienced war in many different degrees....
I can also say to those who want such to happen....
Be careful of what you wish for.
Andy

War is nothing at all like the movies.

Remember that the incredible opening scenes of 'Saving Private Ryan' were just a movie with a few guys on a beach with some special effects. The real thing was a hundred times bigger, noisier and bloodier.

Any doubters need to read 'The Bedford Boys', one small town's incredible sacrifice on D-Day. And THAT awful day pales into insignificance when you think that on July 1st, 1916, over TWENTY THOUSAND British and Empire soldiers died between just gone 6am and mid-day - another 37500 were wounded and missing, most were never found. The Newfoundland Regiment of almost 800 officers and men was reduced to around 70 effectives in a couple of hours....

The Cameron highlanders in 1914 and 1918...

1582479212224.png

Last Edited:

A War is too costly , in everything that truly matters , for me to use a trendy term.
It dishonors the memory of those who have fought and died in wars past....as well as making light of the reasons why.

Andy

Forgive me, but I missed the trendy term there... What was it? "costly", "dishonors" "truly matters"?

Forgive me, but I missed the trendy term there... What was it? "costly", "dishonors" "truly matters"?

From the article in the OP ...the trendy term "Boogaloo"

Costly as in the lives lost and shattered...those are the things that truly matter and are dishonored with the use of such a trite term like Boogaloo.

At least to me....and to fair I am biased to a degree....but I have well earned my bias.
Andy

From the article in the OP ...the trendy term "Boogaloo"

Costly as in the lives lost and shattered...those are the things that truly matter and are dishonored with the use of such a trite term like Boogaloo.

At least to me....and to fair I am biased to a degree....but I have well earned my bias.
Andy

OK... it was the section of sentence in between the commas that got me confused. I thought you meant you were using a trendy term in that sentence... now I read it as "War is too costly for me to use a trendy term". Yes?

Yes indeed...
I have now removed the offending comma.....:D
Andy

The written word in English is an art, not a science.

BTW, I was watching a YouTube documentary on how vowels changed in English at some point in history. It rapidly got boring. But I found it interesting that Shakespeare's English pronounced "deaf (def)" as "deef". And a number of other such. English is such a bastardized language!!!

A War is too costly in everything that truly matters , for me to use a trendy term.

Andy
Hear Ye . . . . .

I prefer "Time Zero" myself, much more reflective of the catastrophic implications if that moment in history comes. (Ground Zero is the where of a nuclear detonation, Time Zero the when.)

The flip-side is that if they called it what it was, Facebook and Twitter would have shut it down in a heartbeat.

I am not condoning their ideals, but in order to exhibit their 1st Amendment rights, they have to use innocuous terms and language.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top