JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like probably everyone here I love to shoot. Over the years it has mainly been all about hunting but more recently I started shooting pistols and would like to do some long(er) range rifle. I picked up my first AR500 steel plate and was surprised and disappointed when the first shot with a Winchester silver tip poked a hole right through it. I checked with the manufacture and he said the velocity of the 270 was way too high for that type of target.

Are there any good alternatives for reactive targets for this type of shooting?

For distance in the Tillamook or NF, I use old scrap SCBA air tanks (aluminum) that make a really nice gong sound when hit. Cut the bottom off and you're GTG. I just pound out the bullet holes and spray paint over them when I take it out again. I've used the same two bottles for ~5 years now.

For distance in the Tillamook or NF, I use old scrap SCBA air tanks (aluminum) that make a really nice gong sound when hit. Cut the bottom off and you're GTG. I just pound out the bullet holes and spray paint over them when I take it out again. I've used the same two bottles for ~5 years now.
Thanks for the idea. Any ideas for finding old tanks?

There is reference info at shootingtargets7.com under the "Target Selection" tab.
I also used this chart as another reference.
picking-a-target.jpg

we hit ar500 all the time with 300 win mag ,338 win mag, 3006, 270, 243, 556......you simply bought too thin of a plate or a plate that was not ar500 and that happens all the time......people getting ripped off on ar500

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top