JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's quite a few spots in the coast range where you can reach out and touch someone (something). It might be a drive for you depending where you are.

Well, I'm not offering any arguments, just saying research it before you head out. Hate to see someone get a hefty fine or end up in the hoosegow because they didn't educate themselves!:D

To anyone wanting to shoot LR or ELR on public lands:

PLEASE make sure you aren't shooting over, or along side roads, rivers, lakes, trails, power lines, railroads, etc, and you have a good backstop.

With Google earth available to everyone you have no excuse to not make sure of this before you start shooting.

It's not that hard to spend some time on there, find several potential spots, and then go out and look in person. When I lived in Beaverton I found several areas in the coast range where I could safely shoot that far, and I didn't even have to try that hard.

But ultimately its your @ss, not mine, you've been warned. :s0062:

Tillamook SF about three miles past the shooting lanes. Stay on North Fork road.
South side of Hwy 26 across from Music Rd. Hafta get over the ridge, then there's spots where you can really reach out.
In the SF, many parts of the land have been leased out to Hampton or Willamette, etc. It's essentially private land at that point. If you see a big blue Circle W on a tree, it's willamette.

Of course I'll pick a spot where no trails or roads intersect it. And I'll Make signs in front and behind me for a ways so there is no surprises.

Last Edited:
I'll post some up. Going to take me couple weeks to get this all together. New rifle comes in Tom. Scope comes in day after and waiting on bunch of other bubblegum. Need to finish making new steel gongs. And what els am I missing. That's pretty much on my need to finish list. I can hit 10 inch gongs no problem with my 300wm at 600 yards. But 1000 is my new goal. Excited to play with these new 6.5 creedmoors

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top