JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone have any experience re-staining leather to a darker shade? I have a Galco holster that I love everything about except it's light color. It's not a huge deal, but the belt loops are so light compared to my belt they really are noticeable.
Here's a crappy pic comparing it to the shade I'd prefer.

Any hints?

cbob in leather.jpg

For a couple of leather holsters and knife scabbards I have gotten a dark brown color by rubbing Hoppes lubricating oil on them.
I would try this on a small hidden spot to see if it gets the shade you are looking for ...
Great looking pistol rig you have.
Andy

What you want is Fieblings Oil dye. Oregon Leather co in down town Portland carries it
110 NW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97209
Phone:(503) 228-4105

There is also a Tandy Leather in Beaverton and one I think on Sandy in Portland that might carry it.

Fieblings is a PROFESSIONAL grade oil dye DO NOT get it on your hands unless you really like the color. The Dye will soak though most finishes and any other dye.

I spent 14 years as a Custom Knifemaker I used this dye on thousands of Sheaths and Holsters over the years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top