JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been many years since I loaded anything...and I'm slowly reloading my brain with old data as well as new info. 20 years ago (give or take), I was loading 9mm, .223, and .44 Mag...now I'm getting ready to try 10mm, .450 Bushmaster and .300 BLK...and complicating the issue by wanting to load subsonic for a suppressor too. Current issue is .300 BLK build, I ordered a Faxon 9" Match Grade Gunner profile 1 in 8 twist barrel from Midway...barrel I received is marked ".300 BLK 1-5 T". I've queried both Midway and Faxon, but not heard back yet...and I'm in info overload.

Any thoughts on the 1-5 twist rate for a 9" barrel .300 BLK for suppressed subsonic loads???

I'm not sure of the optimal twist rate for 300blk but I have heard great things about Faxon barrels. I enjoy shooting my AR suppressed but tend to go with my Ruger American Ranch in 300blk. I can't figure out how to lesson or eliminate the "port pop" that comes with suppressing an AR without converting it to piston driven. I may have some spare 30cal "heavies" in smaller quantities leftover I could send you to experiment with before committing to buying a $40 box of bullets.

ya 1 in 5 twist is good for 300blk especially in sub 10" barrels. the sig rattler and Q honey badger uses a 1/5 barrel and are both made to shoot subs if that helps.

I'm not sure of the optimal twist rate for 300blk but I have heard great things about Faxon barrels. I enjoy shooting my AR suppressed but tend to go with my Ruger American Ranch in 300blk. I can't figure out how to lesson or eliminate the "port pop" that comes with suppressing an AR without converting it to piston driven. I may have some spare 30cal "heavies" in smaller quantities leftover I could send you to experiment with before committing to buying a $40 box of bullets.
Thanks for the offer...inexpensive experimenting is good, but it'll be a bit of time before I properly set up to play...some how my retirement gift to myself keeps expanding in scope and cost...getting closer though... :rolleyes:

It's been many years since I loaded anything...and I'm slowly reloading my brain with old data as well as new info. 20 years ago (give or take), I was loading 9mm, .223, and .44 Mag...now I'm getting ready to try 10mm, .450 Bushmaster and .300 BLK...and complicating the issue by wanting to load subsonic for a suppressor too. Current issue is .300 BLK build, I ordered a Faxon 9" Match Grade Gunner profile 1 in 8 twist barrel from Midway...barrel I received is marked ".300 BLK 1-5 T". I've queried both Midway and Faxon, but not heard back yet...and I'm in info overload.

Any thoughts on the 1-5 twist rate for a 9" barrel .300 BLK for suppressed subsonic loads???
Should be just fine for subs. Not sure what that sort of rate at 9" will do to supers though. Usually the 1/5s are shorter than 9".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top