JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been many years since I loaded anything...and I'm slowly reloading my brain with old data as well as new info. 20 years ago (give or take), I was loading 9mm, .223, and .44 Mag...now I'm getting ready to try 10mm, .450 Bushmaster and .300 BLK...and complicating the issue by wanting to load subsonic for a suppressor too. Current issue is .300 BLK build, I ordered a Faxon 9" Match Grade Gunner profile 1 in 8 twist barrel from Midway...barrel I received is marked ".300 BLK 1-5 T". I've queried both Midway and Faxon, but not heard back yet...and I'm in info overload.

Any thoughts on the 1-5 twist rate for a 9" barrel .300 BLK for suppressed subsonic loads???

I'm not sure of the optimal twist rate for 300blk but I have heard great things about Faxon barrels. I enjoy shooting my AR suppressed but tend to go with my Ruger American Ranch in 300blk. I can't figure out how to lesson or eliminate the "port pop" that comes with suppressing an AR without converting it to piston driven. I may have some spare 30cal "heavies" in smaller quantities leftover I could send you to experiment with before committing to buying a $40 box of bullets.

ya 1 in 5 twist is good for 300blk especially in sub 10" barrels. the sig rattler and Q honey badger uses a 1/5 barrel and are both made to shoot subs if that helps.

I'm not sure of the optimal twist rate for 300blk but I have heard great things about Faxon barrels. I enjoy shooting my AR suppressed but tend to go with my Ruger American Ranch in 300blk. I can't figure out how to lesson or eliminate the "port pop" that comes with suppressing an AR without converting it to piston driven. I may have some spare 30cal "heavies" in smaller quantities leftover I could send you to experiment with before committing to buying a $40 box of bullets.
Thanks for the offer...inexpensive experimenting is good, but it'll be a bit of time before I properly set up to play...some how my retirement gift to myself keeps expanding in scope and cost...getting closer though... :rolleyes:

It's been many years since I loaded anything...and I'm slowly reloading my brain with old data as well as new info. 20 years ago (give or take), I was loading 9mm, .223, and .44 Mag...now I'm getting ready to try 10mm, .450 Bushmaster and .300 BLK...and complicating the issue by wanting to load subsonic for a suppressor too. Current issue is .300 BLK build, I ordered a Faxon 9" Match Grade Gunner profile 1 in 8 twist barrel from Midway...barrel I received is marked ".300 BLK 1-5 T". I've queried both Midway and Faxon, but not heard back yet...and I'm in info overload.

Any thoughts on the 1-5 twist rate for a 9" barrel .300 BLK for suppressed subsonic loads???
Should be just fine for subs. Not sure what that sort of rate at 9" will do to supers though. Usually the 1/5s are shorter than 9".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top