JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Title...

I understand that if the buffer tube is integral to the working of the firearm it can stay on. If I take the stock off, can I put a small pad on the end of the tube to keep it safe from bumping into things? = )

Also, "Buffer Tube Protective Device(tm) coming soon! Sign up and get your BTPD TODAY! = )

From what I have seen so far the answer is probably not. The ATF is really focusing in on surface area and that seems to be left up entirely to them without saying how much is acceprable.

Title...

I understand that if the buffer tube is integral to the working of the firearm it can stay on. If I take the stock off, can I put a small pad on the end of the tube to keep it safe from bumping into things? = )

Also, "Buffer Tube Protective Device(tm) coming soon! Sign up and get your BTPD TODAY! = )
I think your assumption is wrong first of all. Aft rule says if it has surface area (undefined) to allow it to be shouldered it can be considered a brace. They give many other criteria they can use, including manufacturer's marketing and general use such as in YouTube videos. So buffer tubes could be considered a brace under their current bs definition. Anything protruding from the back can be considered a brace by their purposely vague definition and certainly anything you attach that increases the surface area would add more fuel to their fire.

2018FC66-6554-4268-B76C-1E871FD5E901.png
1B07849A-422D-4D4C-B6AC-B54027CA7798.jpeg

Intent is not needed. If it allows to be shouldered that meets their definition.
Buffer tube is fine. Once you start adding to it you will run into problems. Whether it be plastic, pads, etc.

Do whatever you want. I could care less haha.

Buffer tube is fine. Once you start adding to it you will run into problems. Whether it be plastic, pads, etc.

Do whatever you want. I could care less haha.
Not according to their definition. Anything that protrudes from the back and has surface area that allows it to be shouldered can be considered a brace including components. Doesn't have to be an attachment.

Not according to their definition. Anything that protrudes from the back and has surface area that allows it to be shouldered can be considered a brace including components. Doesn't have to be an attachment.
Buffer tube is essential to the function of the weapon.

Buffer tube is essential to the function of the weapon.
That's doesn't make it exempt. They can use any of the 6 factors listed (2i - 2vi) of which functional (#2iv) is only one of the 6. Those 6 are after it meets items 1 and 2 weapon with protrusion from the back, has surface area. The first 2 and the last 6 are also undefined which makes it almost completely arbitrary. If there is no protrusion "equipped" on the back that is the only way really to say it can't be a brace under this intentionally vague definition.

6474C2FD-25A0-4D53-90B3-6F1F08BBD202.png
7ACC9E25-C6A1-4B05-B951-11B0FF459587.jpeg

That's doesn't make it exempt. They can use any of the 6 factors listed (2i - 2vi) of which functional (#2iv) is only one of the 6. Those 6 are after it meets items 1 and 2 weapon with protrusion from the back, has surface area. The first 2 and the last 6 are also undefined which makes it almost completely arbitrary. If there is no protrusion "equipped" on the back that is the only way really to say it can't be a brace under this intentionally vague definition.

View attachment 1353430
View attachment 1353431
I'm not gunna go back and forth with you. Do what you want. I don't have braces. This doesn't affect me.

With that being said I feel for the people have to wade through the muddy waters. I know what I would do but everyone has to make their own choices.

No one knows. It's all speculation until the first person gets hooked up and gets to be the test subject. God rest his soul and his pocket book.

It would be nice if the ATF just called themselves the F. Not heard of any alcohol or tabbaco issues they are enforcing. With only a red dot any pistol I allegedly have should work fine without being shouldered.

It's being made such a big deal, it's not even a big deal anymore. I'll just meet my needs with my other, one gun :rolleyes:

It would be nice if the ATF just called themselves the F. Not heard of any alcohol or tabbaco issues they are enforcing. With only a red dot any pistol I allegedly have should work fine without being shouldered.

It's being made such a big deal, it's not even a big deal anymore. I'll just meet my needs with my other, one gun :rolleyes:
Alcohol and Tobacco manufacturers just pay their taxes and dont cause trouble for the most part except for that crazy Indian up in Yakima. They get a lot of money from both.

Alcohol and Tobacco manufacturers just pay their taxes and dont cause trouble for the most part except for that crazy Indian up in Yakima. They get a lot of money from both.
Little brown smoke shack on the Yakima reservation used to have good tax free deals on cigars back in the day. Don't know about them anymore though.

What was the Indian deal, was that the guy with the eagle feathers? I remember seeing dead horses everywhere on the road to goldendale. They were left there to rot to bring in bald eagles as I recall. Really weird to see like 30 dead horses spread out over 40 miles or so of road (horses were in fields I mean, not roads).

walk in humidor:
F9B1AA80-A3DD-47D9-8D35-404CAF873C9D.jpeg
Located on the res in 2-penis, I mean toppenish
B1596E0A-3002-47F8-8A77-69A679B510F0.jpeg

Little brown smoke shack on the Yakima reservation used to have good tax free deals on cigars back in the day. Don't know about them anymore though.

What was the Indian deal, was that the guy with the eagle feathers? I remember seeing dead horses everywhere on the road to goldendale. They were left there to rot to bring in bald eagles as I recall. Really weird to see like 30 dead horses spread out over 40 miles or so of road (horses were in fields I mean, not roads).

walk in humidor:
View attachment 1353518
Located on the res in 2-penis, I mean Toppenish
View attachment 1353521
Go back onto the reservation where you aren't supposed to be.. There is nowhere you can go that you dont see 2 or 3 dead hose carcasses. The Indians dont go out there. Horses just run around until they die. Nature.

The guy who runs King Mountain Tobacco was well over $60 million in arrears in tobacco taxes last I heard. Th Feds cant come arrest him on the reservation and he's an Indian so as long as he doesn't leave and get caught he's untouchable..

If you get busted with something affixed to you brace you may as well lube it up and prep yourself for 10yrs of abuse... just kidding. Sort of. Bad idea.
Best idea is buy a 16" barrel and move on.

Go back onto the reservation where you aren't supposed to be.. There is nowhere you can go that you dont see 2 or 3 dead hose carcasses. The Indians dont go out there. Horses just run around until they die. Nature.

The guy who runs King Mountain Tobacco was well over $60 million in arrears in tobacco taxes last I heard. Th Fedsy cant come arrest him on the reservation and he's an Indian so as long as he doesn't leave and get caught he's untouchable..
Wow I remember there was some deal on tobacco taxes a long time ago. I seem to recall little brown smoke shack raised there prices and started paying taxes. But can't remember now for sure. I just remember seeing their prices go way up all of a sudden and that was the rumor at that time.

The other tobacco owner guy must have just said F you I'm not paying, come get me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top