JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think stabilization will be a problem with the 150 ABLR in that 1-10 twist. Many have reported good accuracy with that combo. Now the gun just might not shoot them well but I doubt it will be because of stabilization issues. You won"t know if you don't go. If I run across a box I might just try them myself in my 1-10 Tikka.

Last Edited:
For hunting I'll tell you what does work in your rifle, or at least my 270win A7 big game (same thing)...140gr accubond with 58gr H4831 and a 210M primer in RP brass at 3.38" coal. One ragged hole accuracy. I also got similar accuracy with the new 150 ABs, non LR. Within ethical range, bc is overrated. Just give it a couple more clicks.

For hunting I'll tell you what does work in your rifle, or at least my 270win A7 big game (same thing)...140gr accubond with 58gr H4831 and a 210M primer in RP brass at 3.38" coal. One ragged hole accuracy. I also got similar accuracy with the new 150 ABs, non LR. Within ethical range, bc is overrated. Just give it a couple more clicks.

You been reading my mail? That is pretty much my exact recipe and It has worked well on a dozens of deer several elk and a loper or 2.

Last Edited:
I have a 280 Rem on a 721 action. It's a Donnely barrel fit by Larry Brace. Larry said it is a little faster twist for the heavier bullets. I just measured it with a marked rod. Not an exact science, but it seems to land on 1 in 9 twist. Larry blueprinted the action, and I bedded it in a 700 Classic stock. I never shot over 150gr. I should get some heavy Sierras and load them up. If I could find some.....

Getting old though. Might sell this someday soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top