JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think stabilization will be a problem with the 150 ABLR in that 1-10 twist. Many have reported good accuracy with that combo. Now the gun just might not shoot them well but I doubt it will be because of stabilization issues. You won"t know if you don't go. If I run across a box I might just try them myself in my 1-10 Tikka.

Last Edited:
For hunting I'll tell you what does work in your rifle, or at least my 270win A7 big game (same thing)...140gr accubond with 58gr H4831 and a 210M primer in RP brass at 3.38" coal. One ragged hole accuracy. I also got similar accuracy with the new 150 ABs, non LR. Within ethical range, bc is overrated. Just give it a couple more clicks.

For hunting I'll tell you what does work in your rifle, or at least my 270win A7 big game (same thing)...140gr accubond with 58gr H4831 and a 210M primer in RP brass at 3.38" coal. One ragged hole accuracy. I also got similar accuracy with the new 150 ABs, non LR. Within ethical range, bc is overrated. Just give it a couple more clicks.

You been reading my mail? That is pretty much my exact recipe and It has worked well on a dozens of deer several elk and a loper or 2.

Last Edited:
I have a 280 Rem on a 721 action. It's a Donnely barrel fit by Larry Brace. Larry said it is a little faster twist for the heavier bullets. I just measured it with a marked rod. Not an exact science, but it seems to land on 1 in 9 twist. Larry blueprinted the action, and I bedded it in a 700 Classic stock. I never shot over 150gr. I should get some heavy Sierras and load them up. If I could find some.....

Getting old though. Might sell this someday soon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top