JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Winchester model 70 in .270 , the was passed down from a family member. It was made in the Fifties and has been heavily fielded. I works perfectly and shoots wonderfully. A lot of the metal parts finish has come off over the years of use. I would like to have it refinished, and would like any input as to if and who could do this for me.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thank You

Are you sure you wnt to refinish it? Any collector's value is gone. As with painting a car, the result of refinishing a gun depends on the care with which it is prepared. Any bozo can round the corners and smear the stamping before it goes into the tanks. When I was in Gunsmithing school I prepped everything by hand because I didn't have the skill to do it with power tools and have good results. That is an art in itself. It took longer, but they all came out really nice. I would not refinish a family heirloom and remove its history.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top