Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Re-barrel Remington 700 .308

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER, Mar 28, 2014.

1. YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER

YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER Raleigh Hills, Or. Active Member

I want to install a new Shilen short chambered barrel on my Remington 700 .308

The tools required to do the job myself, cost a lot for a one time use. Is there anyone out there with the right tools who will let me be a part of the job, for a reasonable fee? I have watched several video's of the job and being that I'm an engineer, I don't think it's beyond my ability with the right tools.

Tools required; Barrel vice. action wrench. go no-go gauges. chamber reamer & handle. Bolt break down tools.

2. Mannywatz

Mannywatz Vancouver wa Member

I can probably help you out after springer season. But wouldn't you rather do it in a lathe? I have what you need minus the reamer. You can rent one or there's two on eBay right now for half the cost if a new one. Shoot me a pm if your interested but you should know I'm not a professional by any means. Just been helped a lot and want to help others when I can. -manny

3. YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER

YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER Raleigh Hills, Or. Active Member

Thank you for the ebay suggestion.