JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy of mine has a Remington .375 H&H, it's kind of fun to shoot (once or twice :rolleyes:), but the sights are kind of low, and it's hard to get down on them. He's more than a little concerned about a scope in the face due to recoil, and like me, he likes red dots for those close/fast shots. So has anyone put a red dot on one of the thumpers, did it survive, and if so, what was it? I have a Holosun on my Mini 14 that I like a lot, they say they're tested to 1K G's, but that's right where the .375 falls. Thanks.

Dave

I should think the recoil on a pistol would be tougher than on a .375
Most likely any decent red dot would work. Try an Aimpoint or Leupold
Or do what I did and put a Trijicon 1-4 Accupoint scope on it and call it a day.

The comb of most stocks is shaped to put the head up high enough for a scope. Remington does something funny on many of their rifles with sights, they add a monte carlo and make the comb even higher. The Remington Classics had a much better stock for iron sights. They had a straight comb with no cheek piece and more drop to the heel. If you look up the Remington Classic stock, you'll see what I mean.

As for the rifle, a decent RDS will work as well as they do on 12 gauge shotguns. A light 12ga shotgun with high base slugs has plenty of recoil.

I would suggest a low powered scope with plenty of eye relief, and equally important, eye relief that isn't critical. Low powered scopes are pretty forgiving. This will let you mount the scope fairly far forward and still get a full field of view. Before they were "LVPOs" on AR15s, low powered scopes in the 2.5x, 1-4x, 1.5-5x, and 1.75-6x were (and still are) very popular on hard kicking rifles that ate meant to deal with charging mean critters up close, to shots out around 300 yards.

Wow, crickets for almost a year, then a sudden flurry of answers and opinions :s0114:. Appreciate the responses, but it's a moot point now, the friend that had the rifle has moved on. Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top