JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What you wanna bet there was a few nasty phone calls "Cross the border" to a certain group, including the Potato in Chief, Brandon hiself, and that there will be even more anti gun action soon!

Something dosn't add up, the story says the two Americans in Main have not been arrested or charged with anything, seems kinda suspect to me, unless there's a much bigger issue were not allowed to know about!

What you wanna bet there was a few nasty phone calls "Cross the border" to a certain group, including the Potato in Chief, Brandon hiself, and that there will be even more anti gun action soon!

Something dosn't add up, the story says the two Americans in Main have not been arrested or charged with anything, seems kinda suspect to me, unless there's a much bigger issue were not allowed to know about!
Her interaction with Potato is probably more along the lines of "baby, take your teeth out."

the shawshank redemption GIF

You gonna take what it is I gives to you!

What's New?
Police acting like Politicians.

Aloha, Mark
I'm not sure police act like politicians so much, but I'd sadly lump the FBI in that category, not to mention ATF. They've both clearly been on a growth trajectory when it comes to political weaponizing. Honestly, I'd probably trust a used car salesman now days more than I'd trust the FBI or ATF.

But you would still trust a construction contractor less?
Less than the FBI and/or AFT? No, abso-phuq'n-lutely not. I'd trust a contractor more at this point.
And I know exactly how to deal with construction contractors. Been doin' that for 33+ years...
I have no experience dealing with the FBI, and very little when it comes to the AFT.
So yeah, I'd trust them even less than a construction contractor.

(and yes, the "AFT" snark was intentional)

Less than the FBI and/or AFT? No, abso-phuq'n-lutely not. I'd trust a contractor more at this point.
And I know exactly how to deal with construction contractors. Been doin' that for 33+ years...
I have no experience dealing with the FBI, and very little when it comes to the AFT.
So yeah, I'd trust them even less than a construction contractor.

(and yes, the "AFT" snark was intentional)
Hear, hear!

Brenda?
Oh, she's a lumberjack and she's OK,
She sleeps all night and she works all day,
She wrestles bears, she she drives the sleds,
She bends to lend a hand.
And when Justin needs some ammo,
She's glad to join the band.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 11.04.48 AM.png

I am too tired to look this up now and some of you may want to do a search online.

The Portland, Maine newspaper, several other MAINE newspapers online and 'blogs' had some good stories - news about that shooting in Canada.

They had interviews with One Friend in Maine where the CANADIAN (NS) shooter/murderer stayed at his Maine home and other stories about the shooter/murderer.

The ONE friend in Maine could not believe that the murderer was the way that he was. They shot together and shared meals. Etc.!

Plus the ONE friend in Maine did mention that some things were STOLEN from his home too. Yet, he did not report the stolen goods to the MAINE police/troopers and one (?) STOLEN GUN or more (?) guns. I think that it was one gun but do NOT hold me to it due to my memory of all of that NEWS. I do read a lot.

Side note:

Houlton, Maine was mentioned in the news.

I have not been to Houlton, Maine since my late husband and another military friend up there died but there was a very nice restaurant in that town run by a well known chef in the late 90's. A group of us ate up there and we continued our trip to the friend's house and back down to Acadia National Park and a USN base - Winter Harbor (?).

QUOTE from the OP's LINK:

"The RCMP subsequently learned the killer paid a man named Neil Gallivan to purchase one assault-style rifle at a 2019 gun show in Houlton, Maine. The killer also obtained two illegal handguns from a close friend and collector named Sean Conlogue.

No charges have been laid against either Gallivan or Conlogue, and it's still unclear why."

They used the word OBTAINED and 2 handguns. The man in the MAINE news said that the gun or guns were STOLEN from him and I thought that he only had one gun stolen but he did not report it. He stated that he did not want to get 'his NS friend' in trouble if my CRS (!) memory is correct now.

In the OLDER and updated ARTICLES online - no charges were made to any person stateside just like THIS LINK - news says. I was looking at MAINE real estate and I came across those old articles with some updates and that is what made me remember that horrific murder story.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:

I can't remember if the MAINE GUN SHOW 'GUN SALE' was a FFL - dealer sale or a private sale done FACE TO FACE at the gun show.

The NEIL G. sale ^^^.

Maine HAD or still has (?) private sales - face to face sales to the best of my memory.

They were held AWAY from gun shows AND at gun shows - they had private sellers and they had FFL dealers at those gun shows too.

I had/have friends who lived up there who bought from dealers and from private sellers. RETIRED and active duty military, OLD political friends, .gov workers, etc.

Two of them were still alive a couple of years ago. The rest of them are dead now.

Cate

Last Edited:

Look at ME mommy, I'm a BIG girl now!
E812CEED-3417-422D-9100-3BF722FAC61F.png

When I grow up,
I hope my hair grows back JUST like Justin's!
8F1057FF-9CE8-4793-9D92-3A0F6CD40931.jpeg

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews