Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RCBS Trim Mate

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by jmh119, Jan 27, 2010.

1. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I am thinking about getting the RCBS Trim Mate and was wondering if anyone has had experience with it. Also, would a primer pocket uniformer remove the military crimp on .223? Or should I get a swager for that?
    TIA for your replies!
    James

2. wavo

wavo Portland Member

I have one and I like it. Right now I'm only using the primer pocket cleaning tool on the Trim Mate since I'm not doing rifle rounds yet, but I bought it in anticipation of doing .223's.

Also, everyone is aware that right now you can get $10 off any RCBS product over $50 right?

http://www.rcbs.com/pdf/RC129_RCBSCoupon.pdf

3. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

i use a primer pocket swager and then a de burring tool, to make primers seat easier. i also use a 3 way cutter on my trimmer so it does inside ,outside, and trims to length. its saves a heap of time.plus i hook my trimmer up to my dewalt cordless,and it saves time and your muscles. just some things i found to be easier. hope this helps

4. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

That 3 way cutter head was the best money Ive spent in a long time.

5. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Where did you get that? Wouldn't that have to be specific to the caliber size? What am I missing?

6. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

FWIW I don't cut material from crimped primer pockets. I swage them. I don't want to lose the material, but that's just my $.02.

7. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

the cutter heads are caliber specific and are available at rcbs by phone or internet. I have and use 30 cal and 22 cal and will soon be ordering the 270 for the 6.8spc and 270 win.

8. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Thanks one and all for the input. I appreciate it!
    James