JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know what standards RCBS uses to determine if they will repair a press? I have an old RockChucker and the ram is getting loose. I have not put a dial on it yet but it's probably running about 5 thousands or more out. Thanks.

Anyone know what standards RCBS uses to determine if they will repair a press? I have an old RockChucker and the ram is getting loose. I have not put a dial on it yet but it's probably running about 5 thousands or more out. Thanks.

What kind of runout do the finished rounds have? This is really the only thing that matters. The die is fixed so a ram that "floats" somewhat can actually be a benefit.

Whidden Gun Works actually makes a toolhead for Dillon presses that allows the seating die to "float" so the case is always in perfect alignment with the shell holder.

I wouldn't worry about the Rockchucker and a slight amount of runout, only the quality of the finished ammo and that's usually determined by the sizing die and subsequent finish in the seating die. I'd just slip the ram out and maybe lube it with some Mobil-1 Wheel bearing grease or some "Slide Glide" if you have any.

In my experience RCBS will fix or replace almost anything that is not electronic. Their warranty is outstanding. I also agree with Deadshot2 however, if the finished rounds are ok, then why bother? If it bothers you that much, give them a call, the worst they could say is no, but I doubt they won't stand behind their product.

Since I really only use this press for resizing larger brass it is probably not much of an issue at this time. I was only considering it because I heard good things about RCBS rebuilding or replacing worn equipment and I thought I would see what they would do for me.

Since I really only use this press for resizing larger brass it is probably not much of an issue at this time. I was only considering it because I heard good things about RCBS rebuilding or replacing worn equipment and I thought I would see what they would do for me.

No doubt they will but if not necessary, save the cost of shipping.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top